Author Topic: [Solved] Run function when player leaves minigame or server  (Read 1165 times)

How do you run a function when a player leaves a minigame?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 12:18:15 PM by Farad »

do a trace and call /leaveMinigame and see what gets called

my guess is all leave minigame requests are processed through that servercmd.

Package serverCmdLeaveMiniGame(%client). If Slayer is enabled you might want to check if it's a Slayer minigame and they have permission to leave before running your code.
Code: (Slayer) [Select]
function serverCmdLeaveMinigame(%client)
{
%mini = getMinigameFromObject(%client);

if(!isSlayerMinigame(%mini) || (%can = %mini.canLeave(%client)))
parent::serverCmdLeaveMinigame(%client);
else if(!%can)
{
messageClient(%client, '', "\c5You don't have permission to do that.");
return;
}
}

Package serverCmdLeaveMiniGame(%client).
Ok I did something like that, but I just realized that serverCmdLeaveMinigame doesn't call when a player leaves the server. I need something that runs when the players disconnects from the server also.

Ok I did something like that, but I just realized that serverCmdLeaveMinigame doesn't call when a player leaves the server. I need something that runs when the players disconnects from the server also.
Maybe package GameConnection::onClientLeaveGame(%this)

gameConnection::onDrop(%client)

gameConnection::onDrop(%client)
What's the difference between gameConnection::onDrop(%client) and GameConnection::onClientLeaveGame(%this)?

What's the difference between gameConnection::onDrop(%client) and GameConnection::onClientLeaveGame(%this)?

not really anything

onClientLeaveGame is called from inside onDrop
so generally it doesn't matter which one you would use

They both would serve the same purpose for what you're trying to accomplish. I've just always used ::onClientLeaveGame.