Author Topic: [NEWS} Oregon court orders owners to surgically silence dogs  (Read 1869 times)

modern city dog owners have been on borrowed time as is. letting your dog bark all the time is a nuisance to the community and no different than rocking out with your stereo all day and night.
this is the alternative to getting your dog taken away (as it would be put down then anyway). and that is whats coming next if this doesn't catch on.

your freedom to be irresponsible with training your pet interferes with my freedom of peace and quiet in the community.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 03:23:35 PM by Bisjac »

On one hand this is totally forgeted up, on the other hand it's pretty inconsiderate to let your dog bark all the loving time, because like Bisjac said, it's no different than having a loud ass stereo on and being a public nuisance. But I don't think this is the way to deal with that, because you're essentially forcing pet owners to maim their dogs to keep them, which is just gross to me.

Man, forget Oregon. forget those people for not making their dogs shut up but also forget Oregon.
[expecting insane stuff]
yep you're expecting insane stuff

I'm not a dog expert at all (in fact I know almost nothing about keeping and training them), but aren't there any non surgical options to prevent dogs from barking? I swear I heard about like shock collars or something that shock them if they bark?

I'm not a dog expert at all (in fact I know almost nothing about keeping and training them), but aren't there any non surgical options to prevent dogs from barking? I swear I heard about like shock collars or something that shock them if they bark?
the best solution is to actually take care of your dog by taking it for walks and making sure it gets good exercise. these city dog owners keep their pets locked up the majority of the day and some may not even get to see outside their back yard.

Yeah it's called training and caring for your loving dog