Author Topic: Pokemon thread  (Read 978 times)

Re-playing pokemon Diamond from the beginning since Platinum is coming out in March and i just felt like replaying it. If you're bored or procrastinating like I am then get in on this while it's hot

For starters:

I don't have pokemon diamond/pearl which version should I get?

There isn't much difference between Pearl and Diamond for the DS, just pick whichever one you think has a prettier boxart. Beginning pokemon differences, the major ones anyways, would be that Diamond has a Skunk that farts and pearl has some weird ghost thing instead, that's about it.

Oh god the DS games are so slow compared to the GBA ones

Yeah I know.

I want to try these games, but I don't want to grind. How much grinding am I looking at here? Am I going to have to spend loads of time just leveling some dumb thing up?

There isn't allot of grinding, don't worry. This isn't a typical Jrpg THANK GOD, it's pokemon.

Which starter is the best?

The fire type gets fighting moves, he's so-so later on

The water type gets all kinds of cool moves later on and is all around useful

No one ever picks grass usually but it's a turtle that looks loving badass later on so it's your call

Any game breaking advice you'd like to share?

Yeah, you can get a loving Lucky Egg pretty early on in the game. It gives a nifty 1/2 exp boost to a pokemon holding it after each fight, really speeds things up a notch. To get it:

- You need access to Routes 209/210. That's where Chanseys live, and they have a chance to carry it
- You need to get your hands the TM that gives Thief, make some duder learn it
- Hunt for Chansey and steal their stuff

It's a bit of a rarity, with Chansey having 5% chance of popping up, and another 5% of holding it, but it's worth it. The rest of the times chansey will be carrying Oval stones, which net a nice 1000yen at the local shoppe. If you use thief and you get no item, you didn'tmiss don't worry, Chansey's simply carrying nothing. Thief is 100% steal rate.

Which pokemon should I get? Oh god I don't want to use "generic thing you see millions of"!

A few good ones available at the beginning would be Shinx, Ponita (only fire type you'll ever get if you didn't pick the fire starter), and Abra (which becomes Kadabra at lvl 16). If you're really patient you could take a shot at Gyarados, but his good moves are only available MUCH later on so he's not too good for starters, plus it takes a while to get a Magikarp to lvl 20 anyways. He's Gyarados is a loving tank though.

Another, easy one is Budew for a good grass type, for lightning you can get a Pikachu instead of Shinx if you don't mind waiting to get access to wherever it hangs out, Driftloom which you can get on Tuesdays I think in front of the waterworks, and of course the fossil ones which are your basic remedies to Rock types.

Could we trade online or something? I want my thing to evolve

Although i'd love to help out, my Wifi's acting gay these days so I won't be doing anything online for a bit.

All my pokemon are shiny! Hahaha I'm so great

Nobody likes cheaters.

That about sums it up. Discuss your pokemon stuff here
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 02:50:05 PM by Muffinmix »

i try to like diamond but its just  so boring, Give me gold / silver / crystal any time

i try to like diamond but its just  so boring, Give me gold / silver / crystal any time

Yeah I wish they'd make silver/gold for the DS like they did Red and Blue.

Oh well, still needed my pokemon fix and I didn't have silver with me so

DID YOU GET THA POKECHU YET

I hate DS ones. <3 the GBA ones though.

I played up through gold and silver, then couldn't keep up with these hip kids and their new pokermans.

i think they shoulda stopped with miltank. That thing always kicked my ass.

F U

i think they shoulda stopped with miltank. That thing always kicked my ass.

F U

Autobots

ROLL OUT!!!
ROLL OUT!!! Bam dead
Would you like to choose another pokemon?
Sent out Onix
ROLL OUT!!! Bam dead

Yeah i always used to get its health to like 20 then she would heal it and it would use roll out on all my pokeymons

Feh, i would have a lvl 34 by then.
I usually pick:
Chimchar or Piplup in the sinnoh region.