1 (8.3%)
RUN AWAY!
2 (16.7%)
Were gonna die x.x
2 (16.7%)
Uhh?
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Trojan Horse (Alomost) got me  (Read 1402 times)

As I was looking in my Add-ons Norton Anti-Virus showed 2 Trojan horses are trying to hack into my computer! There being blocked as we post.

:(

Trojan horses do not...

You know what? forget it.

learntocomputers

Trojan horses do not...

learntocomputers
Iv had loving 5 GET IN MY COMPUTER I DONT NEED 7! >:(

Im mad :D

Trojan horses do not...

learntocomputers
A Trojan horse, or trojan for short, is a term used to describe malware that appears, to the user, to perform a desirable function but, in fact, facilitates unauthorized access to the user's computer system. The term comes from the Trojan Horse story in Greek mythology. Trojan horses are not self-replicating which distinguishes them from viruses and worms. Additionally, they require interaction with a hacker to fulfill their purpose. The hacker need not be the individual responsible for distributing the Trojan horse. It is possible for hackers to scan computers on a network using a port scanner in the hope of finding one with a Trojan horse installed.

Youlerntocomputers

Youlerntocomputers
...I know alot about computers thankyou, im on this one 24/7 :D

...I know alot about computers thankyou, im on this one 24/7 :D
That comment wasn't directed at you, buddy.

If you have found any that means they got in some how, many are completely benign and a good many were installed with your permission.

I could explain the hows but i don't have weeks of times to write the ins and outs of this stuff. Google the types you found and find out how you got them so you don't get them again.

Youlerntocomputers

Thank you obvious man, the sky is also blue you should tell everyone quick, it's news.

If you have found any that means they got in some how, many are completely benign and a good many were installed with your permission.

I could explain the hows but i don't have weeks of times to write the ins and outs of this stuff. Google the types you found and find out how you got them so you don't get them again.
Hmm I knew that if the program was removed.....The trojan horse would be gone to! Iv tryed it before (Now im wondering why im over-reacting over something thats to easy.)

The problem is rarely the Trojan horse itself, removed them once and they are gone because unlike viruses they don't self propagate. The problem is that they were there in the first place. Find out how they got there. If they were there once they will come back if the hole is still there.

The problem is rarely the Trojan horse itself, removed them once and they are gone because unlike viruses they don't self propagate. The problem is that they were there in the first place. Find out how they got there. If they were there once they will come back if the hole is still there.
So the Trojan is just a stuffy virus.

So the Trojan is just a stuffy virus.

No they are different...

Wait let me google...

http://www.webopedia.com/DidYouKnow/Internet/2004/virus.asp

Easier than typing.

No they are different...

Wait let me google...

http://www.webopedia.com/DidYouKnow/Internet/2004/virus.asp

Easier than typing.
The book Whats a Trojan Horse for Idiots

:cookieMonster: