Author Topic: I cannot connect at school computers  (Read 6089 times)

ok i just downloaded AOT on my school computers and it isnt connecting to the server

please help!

Age of Time has nude character models. Your school knows this and has recorded you as downloading research. Enjoy your suspension and mandatory consoling for your research addiction!

Age of Time has nude character models. Your school knows this and has recorded you as downloading research. Enjoy your suspension and mandatory consoling for your research addiction!
oh ya

good luck with that

Probably something to do with the school's internet setup. Same thing applies here. I was hoping to play it from my flash drive.

Probably something to do with the school's internet setup. Same thing applies here. I was hoping to play it from my flash drive.
are you saying you can transport games from one computer to the other with a flash drive?
I need to do that

are you saying you can transport games from one computer to the other with a flash drive?
I need to do that
Yeah, most downloaded games are pretty easy to transport. Commercial ones might be a bit trickier, but probably still possible. I got AoT and Blockland on mine.

Yeah, most downloaded games are pretty easy to transport. Commercial ones might be a bit trickier, but probably still possible. I got AoT and Blockland on mine.
kewl
I need to transport all these games(about 20GB) to my new computer because my internet download isnt all that.
could I use an external hard drive?

kewl
I need to transport all these games(about 20GB) to my new computer because my internet download isnt all that.
could I use an external hard drive?
If you have one, probably. They may not be entirely in the program files; some games save data elsewhere. If you are losing stuff, dig around in the documents and settings or wherever your OS puts your user data. However, if you're going from one OS to another, you may not be able to take those with you without a good bit of work.

If you have one, probably. They may not be entirely in the program files; some games save data elsewhere. If you are losing stuff, dig around in the documents and settings or wherever your OS puts your user data. However, if you're going from one OS to another, you may not be able to take those with you without a good bit of work.
D:

If you wanna install a game on the school computers, use a memory stick/flashdrive
Then run it off that...
Bit slower laoding tho

Make a boot-able USB Linux OS with WINE and blockland installed.
:D

Most school systems wont let you connect to a sever, i can't remember why.
I've tried with Half-life and BF2.

Most school systems wont let you connect to a sever, i can't remember why.
I've tried with Half-life and BF2.

It's because they use a proxy to connect to the internet. Without those proxy settings, you can't do much with online games. They use this so they can easily monitor which sites you are viewing, block sites from being accessed and all kinds of stuff. Thankfully, I figured out my school's proxy settings, but I don't know how to get them to work for games lol.