Author Topic: Why is it that atheists are antagonized?  (Read 5179 times)

forget you, and forget religion.

I think when people think about Aethiests, they think of evil people that eat babies and do their grocery shopping at night to avoid the sun.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 09:28:35 PM by Yummerz »

Babies are nutritious.

I am offended by your condescending attitude towards my diet.

Babies are nutritious.

I am offended by your condescending attitude towards my diet.

Geeve mee the chyld.

I think when people think about Aethiests, they think of evil people that eat babies and do their grocery shopping at night to avoid the sun.
How do you know my baby-shopping habits?!?!!?!

You're really, awfully stupid.

Point:
"I do not believe it is red"
"I believe that it is not red"

Former: Lack of belief.
Latter: Belief that it is not.

The latter would directly contradict "I believe it is red", while the former would not.

Let me get this straight.

"I do not believe there is a God" is not the same as "I believe there is no God" according to you.

How can you say that with a straight face?  The meaning is the same, the "no" is simply in a different place.  Like I said before, you can't get out of "asserting" simply by making a negative "assertion".  The only difference is that it's negative.

BECAUSE ATHEISTS CAUSED ALL KINDS OF BAD WARS LIKE THE CRUSADES AND THE SUNNI/SHI'ITE MUSLIM CONFLICTS
This had better be sarcasm

Let me get this straight.

"I do not believe there is a God" is not the same as "I believe there is no God" according to you.

How can you say that with a straight face?  The meaning is the same, the "no" is simply in a different place.  Like I said before, you can't get out of "asserting" simply by making a negative "assertion".  The only difference is that it's negative.

You either know what he's saying and are being a total douche, or you're loving stupid.

Topics that purposely create religion wars such as this should be against the rules.

Ask anyone who actually knows basic logic.

Even a lot of theologians accept this.

Topics that purposely create religion wars such as this should be against the rules.
YUS
Anti-gay stuff should count too, y'know. It's only because of their "religion". Religion isn't shouldn't be hateful like that.

omg dey crticize my religion ban them1!!

If you don't like debates, or rather arguments on religion then don't waste your time commenting in the thread.

oh, you poor, poor atheists. Always having to deal with otherpeople's customs and whatnot. Why can't everyone just accept that you're right and they're wrong and they should stop having their own religions?
Ironic because the same principle applies to everyone doesn't it?

Psychologically of course.

omg dey crticize my religion ban them1!!

If you don't like debates, or rather arguments on religion then don't waste your time commenting in the thread.
It's obviously not because someone is "criticizing" my opinon/religion rather that the topics are plain annoying.