Author Topic: "Fast Five" being filmed in California  (Read 1538 times)

So when I went on vacation to California, the relatives I was staying with took us out to see a suspected movie set. It was relatively empty people-wise, there were some trailers sitting on the side of the road and a few cars that appeared to be part of the movie. There was also a large train with a few big holes cut in it, one of the cars had some sort of cannon-looking device attached to the side, pointing out the hole. We pulled up in our truck to a guy sitting under a canopy and asked what was going on, and he told us they were filming the 5th Fast and Furious movie, "Fast Five". They were filming a part of the movie at that time, and a police car was blocking the road to get to where they were filming. Being in the desert in the middle of nowhere, this road had no way to get to it other than the place we were at and where it ended (which was very, VERY far away), and it was also blocked by a cop (according to the first cop). We sat around and watched for awhile, and eventually it appeared the filming was done for the day, as the cop drove away and a small stream of cars came out through the road. They mainly consisted of large vans and pick-up trucks hauling supplies (one pick-up truck had a few cylindrical canisters marked with signs warning about flammable contents and such), but there was a small, dirty, old, green sports car that exited, and not being car-savvy, I have no idea what it was. I couldn't get a picture because it quickly drove straight across the street into a dense forest of trailers. After that we left, but I did manage to take a few pictures (hover for details):

Just thought someone might find this interesting, and if you see the movie in 2011 you can look for these elements. The guy we talked to was some Mexican guy who didn't seem to speak English very well, so it's possible he was wrong, but it seems pretty likely he was right.

That's really neat that you saw that, I always find it kinda cool to see a movie and know how or where they did a certain scene. Almost gives you that feeling like you know a little more about it than everyone else in the room.

Was the blocking cop car part of the filming?

That's really neat that you saw that, I always find it kinda cool to see a movie and know how or where they did a certain scene. Almost gives you that feeling like you know a little more about it than everyone else in the room.
/agree

Was the blocking cop car part of the filming?

No, they were filming a mile or so down the road.

That's pretty cool.

I wonder if that scene was a twist of the classic wild west stealing whatever was in the train, and I wonder if that cannon is something that helps flip a car from a crash.

lol, vin diesel can't drive a manual.

Oh, cool.
I know this is off-topic, but how do you make something display messages when you hover over it?

Oh, cool.
I know this is off-topic, but how do you make something display messages when you hover over it?

[abbr=message][/abbr]

It'll also show black dots under the text or picture inside the tags on most browsers (the most notable exception being Chrome)

I saw one of the richards from jersey shore or whatever getting arrested on Ocean Drive a month ago.

I would have loved to go in completely naked and ruin the whole shoot. T'would be awfully funny.