Author Topic: Need some help with choosing a new laptop  (Read 820 times)

Hey, my parents are planning to buy a new laptop and these are the two laptops I can choose of:

-Acer Aspire 7750G-2638G
Notebook Gaming

Technical info:

Second-generation Intel Core i7 2630QM
- 8 GB DDR RAM III
-1.5 TB Hard Drive
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 6550 2 GB DDR VRAM III
- Lithium-Ion 9 cells

-HP Pavilion dv7-4095eb

Technical info

Intel Core i7 processor 7200QM
-8 GB DDR RAM III
-2 x 1 TB hard drive
- ATI Mobility Radeon HD5650 with 1 GB dedicated video memory, VGA and HDMI


-----

The first one has a problem so it is currently not available. If it was then we would have gone for that one. Does anyone know when it will be available again? I thought in April?

The laptop could potentially be used for games like Battlefield 3. Can both laptops run games on the same power? If the difference is minuscule, we'll probably go for the second one. If not, then I'd wait for the first one, because it is made for gaming. (Hurhur) I've found very little information on both laptops on the internet, I've only found this information on a leaflet from a local store...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 01:49:58 PM by RBow »

I would say the second one. I dunno though. The word notebook put me off the first one.

If you can spend 1000, get a Alienware M11x.


And if you really want a gaming machine just buy a desktop.

I've been thinking of letting my parents buy a decent laptop for themself. And getting myself a gaming PC. Got the answers I needed, thanks.

I've been thinking of letting my parents buy a decent laptop for themself. And getting myself a gaming PC. Got the answers I needed, thanks.
Do this. Let them have the laptop and YOU get the desktop.

If you can spend 1000, get a Alienware M11x.


And if you really want a gaming machine just buy a desktop.

I agree with this post.

If you absolutely need a laptop that's able to play games (like I did), get the M11x. It's a really good laptop that's small enough to carry around to places.

Otherwise, if you're just going to be at home, don't bother with a laptop. Get a desktop PC instead, you'll get a lot more power for your money.