Author Topic: Tabbed print menu  (Read 573 times)

Currently brick menu has tabs for more categorized preview. (i.e. JVS, Wedges etc.)
Why can't the print menu also have that? It would be more easier (more practical) to make letter prints if you categorize them in a tab, plus, if you click that tab and press a letter on the keyboard, instead of using the default letters it would use the letters in that tab.

Here's a picture of the default print menu:

New tabs would be after "Letters".

So yeah..

I'm not sure you can intercept the data to tell how to separate these into tabs... Would have to be conjoined with serverside and... I have a feeling this would be very hacky unless done by Badspot himself.

I'm not sure you can intercept the data to tell how to separate these into tabs... Would have to be conjoined with serverside and... I have a feeling this would be very hacky unless done by Badspot himself.

Wouldn't you just change the code on which tab it's on? Like a brick?

Wouldn't you just change the code on which tab it's on? Like a brick?

I believe the code for adding tabs is default for Brick menu. Not Prints. Since we don't have access to the code it uses, this will likely be some hacky system.

But I agree this is basically required. The prints menu gets really dirtied by all this. While Badspot is at it... Maybe add Decal views to events... and default setPrint... :panda:

I believe the code for adding tabs is default for Brick menu. Not Prints. Since we don't have access to the code it uses, this will likely be some hacky system.

But I agree this is basically required. The prints menu gets really dirtied by all this. While Badspot is at it... Maybe add Decal views to events... and default setPrint... :panda:

Badspot won't even look at this.

Badspot won't even look at this.

This is definitely a valid suggestion.

This is definitely a valid suggestion.

As much as valid and unique this suggesstion is, aswell as useful, Badspot will really not look onto it.

Ah, I see what you are talking about.

Prints should be able to "ask" for their own tab so they don't have to be under the prints tab.

As much as valid and unique this suggesstion is, aswell as useful, Badspot will really not look onto it.

He's too busy with other projects and with his life for us.

He's too busy with other projects and with his life for us.

You don't need to tell me the obvious and what I know already.

Cool
/support

Although, right now prints don't involve any scripting at all so this would defeat the purpose of that.

Cool
/support

Although, right now prints don't involve any scripting at all so this would defeat the purpose of that.

If Badspot defaulted this, it still wouldn't. Blame him. :panda: