Author Topic: so all this bullstuff with HP is making me rather cross  (Read 585 times)

HP (Hewlett-Packard) is pulling an IBM and taking themselves out of the production computer business. This means they will be discontinuing WebOS (even though it was already kind of a joke) and they will stop selling desktops and and laptops and stuff.

HP just recently released an iPad competitor tablet called the Touchpad, complete with WebOS which actually looked and felt great, for $399. It's the same size as Apple's hilarious chunk of stainless steel and has the same hardware, power-wise.



because they discontinued WebOS, they started selling the Touchpad for $99 everywhere. Then people start putting Android 2.3 and 3.0 on it. It took a day for Futureshop, Best Buy, Wal-Mart and every store that carries it to go completely out of stock. I barely even got to try the damn thing out on display because they bought the floor models too.

They even pulled out like, fantastic advertisements for the damn thing, they had Lea Michele from Glee do a little tune for it and all these fancy ads with different actors and they put so much support into the HP Appstore and now they're loving themselves over again.

HP is kinda starting to piss me off, they're terribly indecisive and now they're completely discontinuing everything and going straight back to Blade servers and really big calculators.

That is my rant on HP.

Discuss.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 03:26:17 AM by MackTheHunter »

HP just recently released an iPad competitor tablet called the Touchpad, complete with WebOS which actually looked and felt great, for $399. It's the same size as Apple's hilarious chunk of stainless steel and has the same hardware, power-wise.

Are you out of your mind? That tablet was like a brick, it was heavy and fat. Obviously you never actually held one.

because they discontinued WebOS, they started selling the Touchpad for $99 everywhere. Then people start putting Android 2.3 and 3.0 on it. It took a day for Futureshop, Best Buy, Wal-Mart and every store that carries it to go completely out of stock. I barely even got to try the damn thing out on display because they bought the floor models too.

Yeah here shop staff bought them before opening, caused outrage.


Are you out of your mind? That tablet was like a brick, it was heavy and fat. Obviously you never actually held one.

I held it, yes I did notice it was a little heavier than the iPad 2 but it was certainly an upgrade from my HP Tm2 in Slate mode. :P

I wonder what will happen to Compaq since HP operated them. I hope they are unaffected... surely.

I'd still rather have a TouchPad than an iPad. At least the OS was new and refreshing, plus I love it when electronics are bulky and heavy. I can't say I would have spent the money on it but I liked the TouchPad.

I'd still rather have a TouchPad than an iPad. At least the OS was new and refreshing, plus I love it when electronics are bulky and heavy. I can't say I would have spent the money on it but I liked the TouchPad.

I wasn't extremely interested until it became $99. Then I basically stuff my pants

This is bull. :O HP is awesome.