Author Topic: What are ALL the variables of "GlobleChat" function? (Badspot, HELP!)  (Read 1083 times)

I am making a punctuation mod, but I need to know ALL the variables for the function "GlobleChat".
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 09:17:15 PM by adam savage »

What? GlobleChat?
Its the command to talk. Its like:

GlobalChat(Blah);

CommandToServer('messageSent','',"Blah");

for( %i = 0; %i < ClientGroup.GetCount; %i++)
{
    CommandTOClient('%i',ChatMassage,Lots of variables...);
}

Thats how chat works
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 09:22:38 PM by adam savage »

Type trace(1); in console, then send a chat message, then type trace(0); in console and look through the results for the arguments. You should be able to figure out what's what.

Variables: 8103, , , , 209 ECAdamSavageEvnt: cant, EC, Adam Savage, Evnt, cant

My Chat message was "cant".

Why not just use commandToServer( 'messageSent', "cant" );?

NMH_Type::send()->globalChat()->commandToServer( 'messageSent', string );
teamChat()->commandToServer( 'teamMessageSent', string );

I do believe the only task of globalChat or teamChat is to filter/format the chat and then send a messageSent or teamMessageSent packet to the server. You can simply skip that whole function and simply send the packet yourself.

I am editing the function (Using packages). I can't use CommandToServer

I am making a punctuation mod, but I need to know ALL the variables for the function "GlobleChat".
Someone has already made a grammar mistake-correction mod. I went to a server and saw it. I asked them about it but he said it was private.

I am editing the function (Using packages). I can't use CommandToServer

Why not just modify NMH_Type::send( %this )? For your information, you can get the message using NMH_Type.getValue() and modify the message using NMH_Type.setValue("whatever");

Are you trying to do this client-side or server-side?

Don't know what the blank ones are but the last five are full message, prefix, name, suffix, message. The number at the start of the full message is the tagged string. The first variable is, I'm assuming, your client.

You'd much rather use serverCmdMessageSent(%client,%msg)

You can omit values.

You'd much rather use serverCmdMessageSent(%client,%msg)

You can omit values.

GlobalChat is a client-sided function. He's trying to do something client-sided.

Also:
Why not just use commandToServer( 'messageSent', "cant" );?

NMH_Type::send()->globalChat()->commandToServer( 'messageSent', string );
teamChat()->commandToServer( 'teamMessageSent', string );

I do believe the only task of globalChat or teamChat is to filter/format the chat and then send a messageSent or teamMessageSent packet to the server. You can simply skip that whole function and simply send the packet yourself.
Why not just modify NMH_Type::send( %this )? For your information, you can get the message using NMH_Type.getValue() and modify the message using NMH_Type.setValue("whatever");

Ok, I am now making it Server Sided, because none of you can tell me what I want to know.