Author Topic: I signed up for Gamestop Pro membership yesterday.  (Read 3969 times)

I remember when Skyrim was coming out and one of my friends was going off about how he was ordering it online for $60 less and that it was so much better and how we spent way more money than him.

He never got Skyrim.

one of my uncles works at a gamestop. he's been trying to get the manager to give him shorter shifts since he always has to work for such a long time every day. he also says that if he were to leave, the place would probably start screwing up big time.

at least he's able to get my sister and i games cheaply, though.

one of my uncles works at a gamestop. he's been trying to get the manager to give him shorter shifts since he always has to work for such a long time every day. he also says that if he were to leave, the place would probably start screwing up big time.

He might want to rethink he argument then, if he is saying the place will go to bits when he is not there as a way to ask to be there less.

He might want to rethink he argument then, if he is saying the place will go to bits when he is not there as a way to ask to be there less.
it's just that the manager is always making all of the employees work far longer then they should be.
the whole "place going to bits" thing is from how he'd like to take a vacation for a bit, but he can't because everything would go downhill after a few days.

I remember when Skyrim was coming out and one of my friends was going off about how he was ordering it online for $60 less and that it was so much better and how we spent way more money than him.

He never got Skyrim.
Well that is because your friend is most likely stupid and ordered it online at "SUPER SUPER CHEAP GAMING.info"

Yeah, that's the problem with low-income workers in franchises. They seem to think that they are this amazing cog in a bigger clockwork without which things start falling to stuff.

When I worked at a fast-food restaurant people would quit all the time on this really bold assumption that once they leave everything will fall apart. Even when my grandmother retired she thought the EOD training facility would just be dismantled by its own poor design.

Obviously, neither of that happened. They just get replaced.

Yeah, that's the problem with low-income workers in franchises. They seem to think that they are this amazing cog in a bigger clockwork without which things start falling to stuff.

When I worked at a fast-food restaurant people would quit all the time on this really bold assumption that once they leave everything will fall apart. Even when my grandmother retired she thought the EOD training facility would just be dismantled by its own poor design.

Obviously, neither of that happened. They just get replaced.
except he's one of the few people working there that actually tries to do the work properly

except he's one of the few people working there that actually tries to do the work properly
So? And what's going to happen when he leaves? They'll hire someone new who wont give a forget and if things go downhill they just fire people and take in more slobs until you get a try-hard who's willing to put out way more effort than a $9 an hour paycheck warrants. That is your uncle.

They charged me 20 bucks for Sim City 4 when it was 2009.

A used good condition Nintendo 64 is worth about $20. If they offer more than $12 then you're the one ripping them off.

This is why the internet exists and you just sell things yourself.

P.S. Are you still looking to sell the N64 and your games?

No, my mom wanted to sell it because there wasn't any space to hook up the N64 on our television since it already had a wii and a dvd player.

I've convinced her to keep it somewhere safe since it's in great condition.

Also gamestop wanted $10 for the N64 PLUS all the games along with it. I agree that the thing isn't worth more than $12 on it's own.

Gamestop is the stufftiest company ever. I worked there during the holidays. And it was awful. They make you open a bank account owned by the company. and then direct deposit your checks there. You can't use the money in that account, so you have to transfer it to your own local bank. Losing Moe money to them because of taxes and money xfer fees they have in practice. My 2.5k check ended up being 2.1k by the time I actually got to use it.