Author Topic: My library's computers are confusing.  (Read 697 times)

Well, I tend to find myself at the computers at the library, looking around as I wait for something to finish loading. Then I see people playing online games together, playing games like Counter Strike 1.6, but then when I try it, I can't connect to online servers, or play 3D games with low settings.

tl;dr Library computer system is weird
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 06:56:42 PM by Sonicfangirl11 »

are they all the same computer

i like using library computers to get some level 80 wow accounts for free

are they all the same computer
They all use the exact same processors blah blah blah boring junk

But yeah, they may as well all be :U

Well, I tend to find myself at the computers at the library, looking around as I wait for something to finish loading. Then I see people playing online games together, playing games like Counter Strike 1.6, but then when I try it, I can't connect to online servers, or play 3D games with low settings.

tl;dr Library computer system is weird
Okay, well lemme explain:

people playing online games together
If they're playing the games together and not with the internet, they're doing it through the library's Local Area Network (or LAN for short).  The LAN is basically the little spiderweb of connections formed between all your library computers.
I can't connect to online servers,
They probably can't either, and they probably are playing on LAN then.

I'm surprised your school's library computers have that lackluster effort put into them.  My entire school's IT department doesn't suck balls and they've got like total control over every single computer on campus.

They all use the exact same processors blah blah blah boring junk

But yeah, they may as well all be :U
k

not as if it matters, you shouldn't expect much from public computers anyway haha

If they're playing the games together and not with the internet, they're doing it through the library's Local Area Network (or LAN for short).  The LAN is basically the little spiderweb of connections formed between all your library computers.

Well that actually makes lots of sense.

They probably can't either, and they probably are playing on LAN then.

Yeah, but I've seen somebody at least once playing on a zombie mod server.
For some source game anyway.

I'm surprised your school's library computers have that lackluster effort put into them.  My entire school's IT department doesn't suck balls and they've got like total control over every single computer on campus.
Now who said this was a school?  :cookieMonster:

But seriously, I wish they weren't so confusing.

Now who said this was a school?  :cookieMonster:

But seriously, I wish they weren't so confusing.
Oh ok.  Well they still have stuff security, I think Towson public library isn't even that bad lol.

Oh ok.  Well they still have stuff security, I think Towson public library isn't even that bad lol.

I think I'll test my library's internet and see if I can connect to any game servers.

Our school too has some kind of pirated portable version of CS 1.6.
I play it with my friends at lunch.