Author Topic: Radiation and radiation effects.  (Read 676 times)

I'd like to see some radiation that you can add to a brick with events. If you set radiation on a 1x1 brick it would harm anyone who touches it, if you set it to a 16x16 brick it would harm anyone who touches it, etc, etc, etc. You can set through events how much radiation there is, how fast it spreads and how deadly it is.

Someone could make a Geiger counter item which detects radiation nearby. Also someone could make anti-radiation pills or radiation resistance pills.

Radiation effects:
Screen blurry
Screen slightly spinning
vomit emitters spewing out of mouth
Loss of health
Loss of life

I've suggested something similiar here.

I think this would work much better as a zone brick, just quietly ;)

Also, the radiation effects could perhaps be toggleable? Add an extra box where you write in a number followed by a comma, and that number indicates the different effects so you can have level of radiation.

So, say, if I want to have an area that's a light level of radiation where the player doesn't take damage and just lightly spins, they go deeper and start getting blurry, they go deeper and start taking damage, then they go even deeper and start vomiting before dying.

Cool idea, nonetheless- thought I'd throw my two cents in ;D

I've suggested something similiar here.

I think this would work much better as a zone brick, just quietly ;)

Also, the radiation effects could perhaps be toggleable? Add an extra box where you write in a number followed by a comma, and that number indicates the different effects so you can have level of radiation.

So, say, if I want to have an area that's a light level of radiation where the player doesn't take damage and just lightly spins, they go deeper and start getting blurry, they go deeper and start taking damage, then they go even deeper and start vomiting before dying.

Cool idea, nonetheless- thought I'd throw my two cents in ;D

That's actually a good idea. Radiation could possibly be stronger in the middle of the selected brick instead of the entire thing.

Like say I set it to a 64x64 baseplate, the strongest radiation would be in the exact middle of that baseplate.

That's actually a good idea. Radiation could possibly be stronger in the middle of the selected brick instead of the entire thing.

Like say I set it to a 64x64 baseplate, the strongest radiation would be in the exact middle of that baseplate.

Again, zonebricks would be better. That way, the player couldn't just jump over the plate.

Maybe have something like Mild Radition, Weak Radiation, Moderate Radiation and finally a Strong Radiation zone brick?

Also, it would make more sense as a zonebrick.

What if I want my radiation in a narrow hallway, and for the base of it I've got, say, two 6*16 plates. You'd get effected by the radiation really oddly, instead of the actual centre of the hallway or even the end of it if that's what I wanted.

I want it to work like zones without even required to use zones. If that makes sense.

/supports

Maybe there could be a radiation brick that strengthens the player, but puts a timer on their life.

/supports

Maybe there could be a radiation brick that strengthens the player, but puts a timer on their life.
Radiation exposure does not do mutational damage that severely.

I want it to work like zones without even required to use zones. If that makes sense.

Yeah, makes sense- just so you don't have to download two extra mods yeah?

Radiation exposure does not do mutational damage that severely.

It could still be a nice game element.