Author Topic: Mexican Strats  (Read 403 times)

I've been eyeballing some new guitars for a bit, looking mainly at either the more expensive American Standard Stratocaster or the Classic Series '60s Reissue. I like the 60's strat a little more (Aesthetics wise) but the 60's Strat is made in Mexico. My grandfather told me to stay away from Mexican made fender instruments, but I've also heard quite a few comments saying that Mexican Strats aren't as bad as people say. I've had the opportunity to play an American Standard and loved it, but I have not even seen the 60's Reissue irl.

So, are Mexican Fender products really inherently worse than American Fender products?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 12:20:05 AM by dorkdotdan »

To be honest, this is way past my knowledge of guitars but, I mean, they are shipped from Mexico to the United States, so they may be damaged in shipping. Maybe you should go ask a guitar forum, cause it seems not too many of us here know much about guitars

To be honest, this is way past my knowledge of guitars but, I mean, they are shipped from Mexico to the United States, so they may be damaged in shipping. Maybe you should go ask a guitar forum, cause it seems not too many of us here know much about guitars

Done.