Author Topic: Help with Steam - Many problems  (Read 1562 times)

1: Someone tried to add me as a friend. No idea who he was, clicked ignore after a day or so. Went on Xbox, discovered it was an old Xbox friend who after over a month or so finally decided to take me up on my Xbox message to add me on Steam instead. However, when I try to send friend invites, it seems they are ghost invites.
2: In an attempt to contact him, I tried inviting him to a Steam group, finding a bug in Steam: After inviting, I got a notification "Invitation sent!" which for some reason has completely locked up my Steam. I can't click the Ok in it, I can't interact with other windows other than right click menu to force things open behind it.

Firstly, I need #2 fixed, because I don't want to force quit my Steam right now. Any loving clue how to override the broken ass invitation sent dialog box? I can use the bottom bar to close individual windows, which will leave the Invitation Sent window floating, but the Ok button is still unclickable and it will eventually reopen the main Steam window.

Why dont you want to force quit steam?
Im pretty sure thats the easiest solution.

just end steam's process and execute it again

Because I don't want to lose a bunch of other stuff I had up on Steam, not to mention this is a bullstuff problem. When I click anything related to Steam, I get that Windows "Du Du Du!" nose like I need to click another window first, but it will not let me click anything. Plus, Mr.LoL messaged me, so now it's flashing yellow and I can't stop that. :U I mean, maybe if this wasn't the most bullstuff problem ever, I'd force quit, but this is ridiculous.

Edit: I had the thought "forget man, doesn't spamming buttons cause that noise?" and rage-keyboard-swiped to cause it. Instead, the keyboard selected the button and closed it for me. Now comes the other problem: How do I add my friend when I've hit ignore on him? It doesn't appear to be self-correcting.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 06:11:04 PM by MegaScientifical »

what is so important that you can't close steam and then open it back up and go back to what you were on?

Doesn't matter since I was reminded keyboard can hax broken stuff. Now I just need to know about unignoreing people on Steam. Not Blocked, Ignored.