Author Topic: HeediTDM HUD  (Read 3452 times)

You don't use adblock?

Also could you provide pics of what it looks like in-game, Xalos?
Ehh Adblock is sort of mest up. Yeah you are right, mediafire does have a lot of stinking ads but besides that its pretty fast for downloading/uplaoding but I still get what you mean though, they don't really bother me. As for Adblock...I find that program to be sort of for dipstuffs, like seriously it's sort of selfish, someone is letting you upload and download files (a personal cloud) for free with the small price to pay of seeing a few ads, come on now. This also goes with other websites such as twitch.tv where some people live off of livestreaming with ads.

You don't use adblock?

Also could you provide pics of what it looks like in-game, Xalos?
It's nothing special, in all honesty. It's not a GUI, or anything fancy. All it does is update you when you say "Status" on what points are owned by which teams, which can be easily viewed in the spawnroom.

It lists the points in public chat too, so it can easily be spammed. It was annoying as it flooded the chat while Xalos was just testing it alone, imagine if everyone on the whole server was using it? It would be spam-mania.

Really a useless add-on that spams the server. Sorry, but it's the truth. Maybe a GUI would be better.

All it does is update you when you say "Status" on what points are owned by which teams

Oh, stuff, I left that in the public release?

forget, better fix that.

EDIT: But seriously, you don't need a fancy GUI for this. I'm not even sure how you'd MAKE it into a fancy GUI. It's a list of what points are or are not captured. (Plus you can't tell if a point is actually captured or not from the spawnroom, you just know YOUR team hasn't captured it.)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 03:33:55 PM by Xalos »

(Plus you can't tell if a point is actually captured or not from the spawnroom, you just know YOUR team hasn't captured it.)
Since bricks don't move, you could loop through all the stuff and check for their position, then check for the brick's color to figure out whether it's captured by red, blue, not at all, or being capped

Though that would be inefficient as hell

You don't use adblock?

I do, but that's one of the only reasons why I wouldn't use it.

Since bricks don't move, you could loop through all the stuff and check for their position, then check for the brick's color to figure out whether it's captured by red, blue, not at all, or being capped

Though that would be inefficient as hell

I could do that to figure out the initial state, and then use the server messages for detecting updates.

However that would require knowing when the player had finished ghosting all eight of the major and minor capture points, which brings us straight back to having to horribly loop through every single server object repeatedly.

Although I have some ideas on how to make it quite a bit faster, I'll try it and see.

I could do that to figure out the initial state, and then use the server messages for detecting updates.

However that would require knowing when the player had finished ghosting all eight of the major and minor capture points, which brings us straight back to having to horribly loop through every single server object repeatedly.

Although I have some ideas on how to make it quite a bit faster, I'll try it and see.
Couldn't you just do the loop once and save each capture point to a global var?

Couldn't you just do the loop once and save each capture point to a global var?

Can't guarantee that I'll do the loop AFTER all the capture points are ghosted.

Can't guarantee that I'll do the loop AFTER all the capture points are ghosted.
But they still exist even if their not ghosted right? Isn't ghosting just rendering it all?

Ugh. Google Docs has been crappy lately and I refuse to use Mediafire. Any other free hosting sites?

The new Megaupload... Came back as MEGA(co nz domain), This time its not hosted in the US and none of the servers are in the US so its all good.

MEGA has NO ADS! :)
50gb of storage if i remember correctly, Cloud servers and that's on a FREE account. Many more features