Author Topic: Should I switch graphics cards?  (Read 419 times)

I'm really tired of getting unplayable-FPS when playing games, so i'm thinking about changing my intel graphics card to Nvidia Geforce through online.

Also i'm following this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVBEPhE_Osg

Yes, i've done lots of things to try and slow the lag down, Throttlestop, Game Booster, and all the other stuff, but I still get unbearable lag :(.

Is the thing i'm doing safe or is it dangerous for my laptop?

Yeah, all you have to do is uninstall your Intel drivers, and install nVidia drivers.

So, you have a laptop with both an Intel CPU with integrated graphics, and a dedicated GPU, correct?

You just want to use the dedicated GPU, right?

If the answer to both of those is "yes", then yeah go ahead ... but why wouldn't your laptop automatically be using the better card?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 06:18:34 PM by SpreadsPlague »

Nah, pretty sure he's just an ultra-tard who thinks you can switch your graphics card by downloading new drivers.

Nah, pretty sure he's just an ultra-tard who thinks you can switch your graphics card by downloading new drivers.

Honestly that's what I was thinking too. Wasn't entirely sure so I asked those questions lol

I think he's just trying to download drivers and hoping a new card will appear in his laptop/desktop since that video didn't show anything about installing a card.

Also i'm following this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVBEPhE_Osg
That's only if you already have an Nvidia graphics card in your computer, while also having an intel one and the computer automatically has it set to use the intel one.
If you do have both... yes you should switch to using the Nvidia one. It's obviously way better than intel intergrated graphics. :P

Sorry but in this world a powerful computer is not free, drivers are just a tool that is used to allow your motherboard to communicate fully with the graphics card inside your computer.

To get better graphical performance you would first need to purchase a new graphics card, assuming the rest of your computer can also handle it

OP

Open dxdiag (search dxdiag.exe on your computer) then screenshot the Display tab.