Author Topic: How to make my Blockland footage look nicer using Sony Vegas?  (Read 702 times)

In most of my Blockland videos, the footage has jagged edges which doesn't look very nice. I watch Filpe1020 and Eksi's videos and they look much nicer than mine. How do I do this?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 05:57:04 AM by Blooker »

What do you mean jagged edges? Could you link a video or post an image? I'm wondering if this is related to the screen capturing, perhaps I can help give advice there. I am pretty sure you don't need Sony Vegas for smooth footage.

Thats a nicely done video.

Where exactly are the jagged edges? Have you tried to hide them using letter box? Or are you describing that thin black line across the right edge?

Thats a nicely done video.

Where exactly are the jagged edges? Have you tried to hide them using letter box? Or are you describing that thin black line across the right edge?
No, I'm talking about the jagged edges of the bricks, players etc.
Now I think about it, can't I just use Anti-aliasing in Catalyst to make the edges look smoother?

No, I'm talking about the jagged edges of the bricks, players etc.
Now I think about it, can't I just use Anti-aliasing in Catalyst to make the edges look smoother?

Ooooooo.

I believe it might be antialiasing. I think Eksi uses a special brick texture pack too that makes the white lines on the bricks non-existent.

Its possible he might use some kind of video softening but I really doubt that. Definitely try and put your graphical settings on high, try anti-aliasing, and try the custom brick textures.

My computer also made the brick edges kind of liney and rough, almost certainly graphics options and graphics card.

Could be wrong, maybe someone else can confirm your idea.

It is anti-Aliasing that you're talking about. If your computer cannot support running and recording Blockland at full settings however, I think you can simulate AA up to a point.

However I never knew that Eksi used a different brick pack for his videos.

I'm not sure if he uses it in all of his videos, but the ones I've seen he does-- and he has it on his server too I believe.