Author Topic: Always, always lagging  (Read 1813 times)

and it could be you have too much downloads
I have 144 programs in my PC and its fine. It boots in 1-2 minutes too.

you're loving brain damaged
You signed on for this bullstuff when you bought a Macintosh.

dumbforget.

Go onto Launchpad, click Utilities, click System Information (or System Profiler) and tell me the model number it says. It might say MacMini4,1 or MacBookAir1,1, for example.
you're loving brain damaged
Deathrider is right, but he might be using the quote in the wrong way.

Macs are nerfed computers sold at a higher price. The only benefits are design quality + aesthetics of Apple's computers and the legal privilege to run Mac OS X.

on a mac.

Just for future reference: Macs are PCs.

PC = Personal computer

Just for future reference: Macs are PCs.

PC = Personal computer
It's a widely accepted way of differentiating them. A mac is hardly personal anyway, you're just renting it from Apple.

Can you run other games? Maybe it's because of shaders? If your computer is decent it can run BL with minimal lag. How old is your computer?

First of all, you must understand there's a difference between actual lag, and simply having a poor framerate.  If you are already familiar with this difference, I apologize ahead of time.

Lag is when there's a poor connection between your computer and the server.  This usually results in delayed controls, but in particularly bad cases everything will occasionally stop and you'll be unable to move or do anything in-game, but you'll still be able to use the menus.

Poor framerate is not lag, or at least not lag in the sense of a poor internet connection, but I see it referred to as lag all the time.  If movement appears choppy but everything is otherwise responsive, you just have a poor framerate, and should probably either turn down your graphical settings or get a new computer.

I hope this helps at least somewhat.  You didn't give a lot of specific information about your problem, so this is about all I can do.