Author Topic: Server_DGWhitelist  (Read 2924 times)

I took DarkLight's ClanMod, and cut it down to 1 function.  Keeping out people who are not on the member's list.  Or in this case, the whitelist.

In order to get this working you must create a list of BLIDs you want to be allowed to join the server.
The script looks for the file here:
Code: [Select]
Blockland\config\server\whitelist.txt
And that file should be formatted like this:
You CAN edit the file while the server is running, and it will work just fine.
If I remember right admins can join no matter what.

The script waits .7 seconds after a user has joined before kicking them, so if you want to avoid chat spam, I suggest you password the server as well.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?yi3rlgke278je1f

If anyone want's to make a better whitelist, please do.  Blorp.

Why not just use Permissions?

What's with the overcomplicated code and the useless credits

Why can't you just loving have one file instead of different folders and files and ridiculousness?

schedule(1200, 0, messageClient, %client, '', "\c4Server is running Dglider's Whitelist.");

Don't do this. It's dumb and annoying.

I believe Ipquarx already made a whitelist mod. And it is much better than this. You should ask him to release it, if he hasn't already.

Ok challenge accepted

There already is a good whitelist. This is not necessary.

I believe Ipquarx already made a whitelist mod. And it is much better than this. You should ask him to release it, if he hasn't already.
Ipquarx's mod doesn't work.  If it did, I wouldn't have made this.

Ipquarx's mod doesn't work.  If it did, I wouldn't have made this.

Why not just use Permissions?

Beacuase, I didn't know it existed.  Looks pretty neat, but for what I want to be able to do, a whitelist mod works just fine.

Why can't you just loving have one file instead of different folders and files and ridiculousness?

schedule(1200, 0, messageClient, %client, '', "\c4Server is running Dglider's Whitelist.");

Don't do this. It's dumb and annoying.

I took DarkLight's ClanMod, and cut it down to 1 function.
The ClanMod is a larger mod, and is designed as such.  I am just a newbie at scripting, so I wasn't sure what would and would not break the script.  Sure I could've removed that join message, but forget me for having an ego.

Ok challenge accepted
I look forward to seeing the results. :D

Wait, does this mean if I have an idea for an addon, but don't want to go through the effort of making it, I can just make a stuffty mock up version that doesn't really work, and someone else will get frustrated and make one for me!!?!?  Holy stuff!  I've discovered the holy grail of suggestions and requests!  Boojah!

What is going on I put the file in dropbox and now it's gone

I punched my fist through my computer screen this was so ugly.