Author Topic: The Next Generation of Vehicles  (Read 1739 times)

Barnabas RC Car / Sentry Destroyer thing (which is a playertype?) has idle and ignition/driving sounds. Couldn't that somehow be implemented as a vehicle thing?

Filipe's speedkarts both have horns and ignition and idle sounds.

Why is your avatar the unity icon
Does it have a purpose?

Why is your avatar the unity icon
Does it have a purpose?

Nah, I like the icon.

This is a pretty good idea, actually. I think that it might take a lot out of the server if you have all those scripts, but the exhaust pipe and emitter (Kinda like on Phy's roadster) is a good idea, and engine sounds as well. Everything else I could do without, although they would be awesome. It would add a very nice ambiance to have engine sounds, especially in CityRP's and other forms of roleplay. Good idea, but I think that if someone were to do it they would have to set their priorities to what people would like the best and what wouldn't lag. I already have a feeling that skid marks might lag and exhaust animations might be a bit unnecessary, but all-in-all great idea.

Barnabas' vehicles are great when it comes to look and operation. What really gets me is the style of his cars, and I don't know if you've ever heard old cars running before, but if he added engine sounds to them then it would be amazing.

I'd love to script this given resources like good sound loops.