Author Topic: Steam: Converting games over to steampipe problems  (Read 1419 times)

I'm trying to convert my Half Life 2 games over to steampipe, so I can see the content of them in GMod.
I converted Half Life 2 Episode 2 over, but currently I'm trying to convert over HL2 Episode 1.
It's still going on with "converting existing content" for the past 10-15 minutes now.
Anyone have a solution to this? I don't want to close down the window because after that I wont be able to convert it.
It looks like this:
The spin thing is still going.
Is it just taking a very long time or something?

Bump, its still stuck on converting existing content
please help

I had to convert for TF2, and it took longer than 10-15 minutes for me too

It takes a long time. Just be patient.

For me it had a percentage though.

Look at it this way, it is trying to convert probably around 5+ GB of files into a different format, if you have ever extracted an extremely large .rar file or .tgz you would know, it just takes a while unless your computer is an absolute beast.

It takes a long time. Just be patient.

For me it had a percentage though.
didn't for me.
it didn't give me a percentage, i closed it after 40 minutes because it was still saying converting existing content and no percentage.

Check it, Steampipe is a load of stuff

>start tf2
>we have to convert to steam pipe whatever
>ok
>it does what its doing to you
>restart steam
>start tf2
>no steampipe stuff

moral of the story is its not actually doing anything so just close it.

Check it, Steampipe is a load of stuff

>start tf2
>we have to convert to steam pipe whatever
>ok
>it does what its doing to you
>restart steam
>start tf2
>no steampipe stuff

moral of the story is its not actually doing anything so just close it.

Um...what?

Steampipe makes games load faster. What I did was just deleted TF2 and reinstalled.

didn't for me.
it didn't give me a percentage, i closed it after 40 minutes because it was still saying converting existing content and no percentage.

bump
This topic wasn't even on the second page, was a bump necessary?

This topic wasn't even on the second page, was a bump necessary?
Well, It doesn't seem that anyone is reading this:
didn't for me.

Well, It doesn't seem that anyone is reading this:

Well I gave you a solution you never decided to go through with.

Just delete it and redownload, you should be fine because the new downloaded version should be with Steampipe.

Issue resolved, locking.

Well I gave you a solution you never decided to go through with.

Just delete it and redownload, you should be fine because the new downloaded version should be with Steampipe.
I did this, the maps for hl2 ep1 didn't come up in GMod.
stuff.