Author Topic: YouTube forgets up the player even more  (Read 666 times)

This may seem like a pointless rant, but why did Google decided it was a good idea to move EVERY SINGLE FEATURE into one area some of us may forget to look?

Ex:

where is the player size and annotations area? was it removed? did they disable the feature and you had to enable it?

no, they decided it was a good idea to scrunch it all in one place

also, did anyone notice the quality doesn't change instantly? the gear spins and doesn't change until it actually does and doesn't just stop and reload the video?

youtube's gonna die, I know it
if google keeps making these pointless changes it's going to burn and we're going to have to move to vimeo or dailymotion or...god...metacafe.

i like it. frees up screen space and makes a centralized settings menu a lot more streamlined. oh no, you might have to click one more time than usual?

i have to agree, the screenspace was never used up now theres nothing on the bar, it should have them layed out along the bar

It also automatically sets the resolution way low because of my internet

i don't like how i have to click 3 times in 3 places to turn off annotations or something like that

i don't like how i have to click 3 times in 3 places to turn off annotations or something like that
My annotations are never on.

I really enjoy that when I change the quality it doesn't reload the video, as I usually change from higher quality to lesser quality to speed up the video buffering.

Otherwise, I think we all will live.

My youtube is bitching and never automaticly plays videos on the highest settings, I have it enabeld
You just watched a bunch of 1080p? Here is 360p.

The worst part is how slow and frequent buffering has become. I can't stand it anymore, even on minimum quality the video stops every ~20 seconds for a few seconds and does not restart unless I press the left arrow key.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 01:23:33 AM by TristanLuigi »

I've also noticed that if you want to skip to a later part in the video when it's not buffered, it'll simply stop with no loading symbol, and end the video after a bit. However if I REPLAY the video and let it buffer, it goes PAST the point where it stops and acts as if it were a normal video with no stops.

i like it. frees up screen space and makes a centralized settings menu a lot more streamlined. oh no, you might have to click one more time than usual?
Seriously. Stop loving complaining and be glad you can even loving use the website.

Seriously. Stop loving complaining and be glad you can even loving use the website.
I hate this argument whenever it's presented so much.

i dont like how sometimes the quality goes from 1080p to 280p or something ,its super loving annoying.

i honestly wont mind. all i needed was to make the player larger, thats it.