What do you think?

I like it
10 (66.7%)
I don't like it
2 (13.3%)
It can be improved (please specify how)
3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Server idea I am skeptical of  (Read 737 times)

I have an idea for a server that I would like to create but I am unsure of its popularity.

Essentially, it's the core of a CRPG in the sky.

Everyone lives on floating islands really high up.  On spawn, the player must do work to raise money.  This work involves mining for a special mineral that runs the fantasy world's everything.  Once you get enough money, you hop on a taxi-blimp to get to the main island where more high-paying jobs are found.  After raising more money, you can go to buy a house.  To do this, you go to the real-estate office where a list of available houses are.

You can either buy a house on the main island or buy an outter-island house.  If the outter-island house is chosen, you have to take a taxi-blimp out to it.  Once you reach the island, you have a small shack consisting of one room.  There is also a wide open field with a blimp.  Each outter-island or outter-island grouping has it's own business.  Some will be lumber, or wind, or electronics, etc.  You can upgrade every aspect of your island, except the size of the island itself.  This includes the extent of the house, the tools used in the job, the blimp, etc.  Using a color selection tool that can be purchased, you can also paint your house and blimp.  When you have enough money, you can sell your island and buy another, bigger one.

This all seems calm and peaceful, but it won't be.  You could also have gone to the gang hideout in the city, and gotten a gangster island.  These people create the strife in the world, and they get their money by selling the special material I talked about earlier on the black market.

I'm also thinking about making small island where you can find treasure or something.

There will be no building, so no printer, hammer, or wrench.  Everything will be handled by events.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 10:12:54 PM by Gen. Hothauser »

If everything is handled by events, it's not a CRPG. A CITY Role Playing Game on floating islands would be extremely hard to make. Although, I was going to make something like this later.

Seems good, maybe when I get the time I might make this. Would be very hard and time consuming though.

Do it. I will play for sure.

If everything is handled by events, it's not a CRPG. A CITY Role Playing Game on floating islands would be extremely hard to make. Although, I was going to make something like this later.

Seems good, maybe when I get the time I might make this. Would be very hard and time consuming though.

A CRPG mod does not a CRPG make.  Events can (and have) made CRPGs before.

Also, I was asking because I wanted to see how people would like it and to see if it would be worth making public, because I am already making it.

It isn't quite a CRPG, though it has aspects similar to it.  The CRPG comparison was just for easier explanation.  I guess it would be more like a plain-old RPG, but in a steampunk-styled world.

gotta buy a forgetload of tickets jesus

make that more streamlined

seriously dude whats up with you being hell bent against script and making everything with events

seriously dude whats up with you being hell bent against script and making everything with events

I enjoy the challenge of making everything with events.

gotta buy a forgetload of tickets jesus

make that more streamlined

Good point, I've changed it to charge the individual when they enter a trans-island taxi-blimp.

I like the idea, I say go for it! I just feel that it needs simplification.

I like the idea, I say go for it! I just feel that it needs simplification.

Then I shall have some bots to tell the player how to play.

Omg this sounds amazing. Do it!