Author Topic: Small Team Deathmatch - Closed for Consrtruction  (Read 942 times)

I'm hosting my Small Team Deathmatch gamemode with a few small edits.  

Loadouts are as follows:

Primary/Secondary
Assault Rifle          Pistol
Pump Shotgun       Pistol
Sniper Carbine       Machine Pistol
Grenade
Knife
Stick Grenade
Conc' Grenade
Health
Pill Bottle

Join now: http://www.blockland.us/detail.php?ip=76.19.189.87&port=28000&blid=14806

Graciously hosted from Plethora's computer because mine cannot right now.  You should all thank him for this via PM.  
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 05:24:53 PM by morningstar »

Graciously hosted from Plethora's computer because mine cannot right now.  You should all thank him for this via PM.  
Please don't send me pms.  Post any/all lavish praises here for all of my loyal admirers and those who aren't yet to see.

Also, great server.

This build is a Plethora of beauty.

It's depressing that nobody wants to join. 

ok so here's my critique

the point of a spawn having more then one door leading outward is so that the players aren't bottlenecked into this tight little murder-gap right off the bat. your main spawn doors are not only right next to eachother but they're also easy to access from the enemy team but are also right forgetin next to eachother, so they might as well be categorized as one door

the best way to fix this is to make it so that the spawn is actually multiple buildings (across from eachother, with a main road down the center), cause a single base is basically just a haven for clusterforgets and spawncamping

also another thing i dont like is how prominent grenades are and how easy it is to lob one clear across one roof and onto the other. ideally a map like this (where you include grenades at all) would be either big enough for there to be significant travel time with the grenades (and thus you'd be able to clearly see a grenade just flying at you from downtown) or you'd have it so that there's a bunch of obstructions like overpasses and buildings flying over the main area that would forget up either sight lines or grenade arcs, because grenades would just bounce off unless you deliberately use it to break up cover

(i also suggest limiting grenades to a cap of 2.)

the entire map is really impossible to flank on (another issue that's probably because of the compactness of the spawn (which is BAD, by the way)) and there's no room for fancy manuevers or trick ambushes so it's just this big constant conflict but it's also too big for it to be just this chaotic hilarious clusterforget (and besides, T+T isn't the best weapon pack for that kind of gameplay anyway (use quake-type weapons, they're more geared toward crazy bullstuff))

also what the forget why is the shotgun class so underpowered it's just two tier one weapons while there's a sniper carbine class that's a headshotting murder machine plus a powerful backup weapon

I'll get right to work on the classes issue.  Changing the bases will take more time. 

The purpose of the TDM was, however to make something that took less than 10 hours to make and is basically just a bi head-to-head fight.  There is room for flanking behind those buildings, one of which is climbable. 

By the way, thanks for the critique, you pointed out some very important issues.