Author Topic: Ragdoll physics?  (Read 5440 times)

So currently we have a few mods that turn your character into a stiff ragdoll when you die. they all have there problems, some times they don't fall down they just stay standing up, they block door ways, and they look really stupid when there leaned up against walls. So with that being said is it possible to bring actual ragdoll physics to the character. Maybe by welding the: hands, feet, torso, and head to the pants and when a player dies all the body parts (except for the pants) move around freely. I believe that if this was a thing, it could fix most of the problems we have with the current "ragdoll" mods, except for clipping because that will always be an issue in blockland. Is it possible?

ragdoll4life

Have you ever looked at Blockland's phyiscs?

wow i cant really believe its not possible, explain. Why is it not possible?

Because Blockland is using the Torque Game Engine, and a pretty outdated version at that, the newer version of the Torque Game Engine, Torque 3D, might have ragdolls, but engine changes of any kind are not likely to happen

Almost all of the changes needed to do this would have to happen in the engine, meaning modders can't do them. That means you'd need to get Badspot or kompressor to take on the monumental challenge of implementing it, and they've got other things on their to-do lists.

Alright, thanks for the input. Its a shame though, ive always wondered what blockland would be like with ragdolls.

ive always wondered what blockland would be like with ragdolls.
like blockland with ragdolls

Someone could do it with StaticShapes, scripted joints, and collision.

So currently we have a few mods that turn your character into a stiff ragdoll when you die. they all have there problems, some times they don't fall down they just stay standing up, they block door ways, and they look really stupid when there leaned up against walls. So with that being said is it possible to bring actual ragdoll physics to the character. Maybe by welding the: hands, feet, torso, and head to the pants and when a player dies all the body parts (except for the pants) move around freely. I believe that if this was a thing, it could fix most of the problems we have with the current "ragdoll" mods, except for clipping because that will always be an issue in blockland. Is it possible?

ragdoll4life
[im g]http://physicalc-software.com/sites/default/files/poserphysics/10Ragdolls.jpg[/img]
we gmod now

Someone could do it with StaticShapes, scripted joints, and collision.

It would be a colossal amount of work for a barely working and by definition useless mod. It would be a cool challenge though.

Fully possible with a low amount of joints (even with collision), as long as the shape is something simple like a bunch of interconnected lines (or something that functions in the same way).