Author Topic: Maor [Guest]  (Read 2418 times)

A Guest account was a user at one point, but Badspot deleted the account without removing the posts.
I think the forum used to enable posting without logging in, but I haven't been around long enough to actually know that.
Still OP is probably bait.

Forum used to allow for Guest accounts which allowed registration and posting without the purchase of a key.  However, Guest accounts were later limited to posting in certain boards (Off-Topic Sections and possibly AoT).  Badspot decided to retain these accounts and "lock" them up, so that no users could use them, and the posts were retained as well.  Guest account creation was then completely removed so that accounts could be more secure, and then required auth keys to be entered.

Pretty much this:
uh dude, that post is old as hell

/topic

Forum used to allow for Guest accounts which allowed registration and posting without the purchase of a key.
It was like that until about a year or so ago.

Guest accounts are accounts that have been deleted.
Nothing more.
Deleting the user gives an option to delete their posts. The posts aren't stored as a subset of the user, they're just linked together. When that link goes dead it just doesn't link to a profile or avatar.

Guest accounts are accounts that have been deleted.
Nothing more.
nah, its been at least two, i joined in 2012 and they weren't there

Could have sworn it's been more than three by now.

Could have sworn it's been more than three by now.
My sense of time passed may be a bit wrong, however, the point was, Maor's post was in 2006.
lets go for a spin?
If if the key registration was introduced 3 years ago, this post was made 5 years before that, and it's still a guest.

guys, check the credits in Blockland via F1, read through them all and you'll see who astro was to badspot

time to be e-tectives

Forum used to allow for Guest accounts which allowed registration and posting without the purchase of a key.  However, Guest accounts were later limited to posting in certain boards (Off-Topic Sections and possibly AoT).  Badspot decided to retain these accounts and "lock" them up, so that no users could use them, and the posts were retained as well.  Guest account creation was then completely removed so that accounts could be more secure, and then required auth keys to be entered.

"guest account" is pretty poor word choice imo

Badspot disabled guest accounts because obviously banned users would abuse them.

Badspot disabled guest accounts because obviously banned users would abuse them.
best answer sigging it

I'm just saying, if you're a guest that means you don't have an account.

before the ID integration, new accounts needed approval anyway