Author Topic: "computer stupidities"  (Read 3122 times)

One of the recent times I called Comcast, the guy on the phone kept telling me to unplug my router but leave my modem plugged in, and didn't understand that they were both the same unit

I had called about intermittent connection drops. The conversation went something like this
"OK I reset your modem, can you verify if you can connect to the internet now?"
"Yes I can, but the issue is frequent disconnections"
"But sir I reset modem and you can connect now it is fixed yes?"
"Yeah for now but I'll have to see if I still disconnect"
"You can connect it is fixed now yes"
"yeah ok...."

And of course it wasn't fixed. I'm not entirely sure if it was just Comcast being comcast and not giving a stuff, or him legitimately being stupid, but the first part of the story makes me lean towards the latter
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 09:37:25 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

I'm not entirely sure if it was just Comcast being comcast and not giving a stuff, or him legitimately being stupid
Both, actually. Comcast has some of the worst customer support ever for this exact reason. Their employees are given flow charts instead of being taught to actually figure out the problem.

Both, actually. Comcast has some of the worst customer support ever for this exact reason. Their employees are given flow charts instead of being taught to actually figure out the problem.
Their techs (the people that come to your house) are pretty good though, at least in my experience.
They sent one out to look at it and he very quickly figured out that the modem was the problem

Too bad there are not as many people that are this dumb with computers anymore.

Too bad there are not as many people that are this dumb with computers anymore.
You should see my old school, teenagers who don't know how to put a CD in.

One of my classmates thought I was god because I got on google gravity

What do you get if you mix a football team with a virus?

A TROJAN

im so original

oh wow I remember this lol

[font=Kabel][color=red][size=30pt]A TROJAN[/size][/color][/font]
stop

nice font though, i like it