Author Topic: Best screen recorder?  (Read 504 times)

What is the best screen recorder out there?
Doesn't have to be free, just please don't give some ridiculous price.

I like bandicam but I have the full version which is $60

OBS might be pretty good, it's simple and free. also lets you stream

OBS worked well for me, and it's free. I had issues using it in 1080p 60 with insane quality settings which is probably an issue with my computer and not OBS itself. More than likely not the best out there though.

The thing with OBS is that you can't select the area to record by drawing a box, like you can with fraps.
Or can you?

it's somewhere when you're editing a scene i think

The thing with OBS is that you can't select the area to record by drawing a box, like you can with fraps.
Or can you?
Sources > Window Capture > Sub-Region > Select Region

so yes, just that it's resizing it manually by dragging it

if you have a nvidia card, shadowplay

it's free and delivers high quality footage without affecting your speed

Or can you?
ya you can

add a monitor capture source and enable sub-region and it'll have a cute lil box to resize

i would defo recommend obs as a first choice just because it's free and also rly gud and also open source and also has plugins and also is rly gud

MSI Afterburner. I've tried OBS and Afterburner. Afterburner uses a lot less resources than OBS.

Only thing to keep in mind is that it's more than just a recording software, so it can be a bit confusing at first.

i use full version of fraps but it's really annoying

if you have a nvidia card, shadowplay

it's free and delivers high quality footage without affecting your speed
Yes, although it is GTX600+ thopugh
i use full version of fraps but it's really annoying
I remember the huge file sizes.

MSI Afterburner. I've tried OBS and Afterburner. Afterburner uses a lot less resources than OBS.

Only thing to keep in mind is that it's more than just a recording software, so it can be a bit confusing at first.
I second this.

You might also want to check out Action! and Expression Encoder (dated, discontinued but still decent)