Author Topic: My grandfather got surgery and might not make it  (Read 1829 times)

Spend time with him while you can OP.
I missed my chance for closure when my grandfather died and it's a very sad thing.
I wish I could, but he is 300 km far away from me

I wish I could, but he is 300 km far away from me
Then you can spend time with him in your thoughts. Cherish the memories you had with him.

I talked to my grandfather in my head when my grandfather had about a week to live. He was 89, two weeks until his birthday :(.

Then you can spend time with him in your thoughts. Cherish the memories you had with him.

I talked to my grandfather in my head when my grandfather had about a week to live. He was 89, two weeks until his birthday :(.
I can try that, but I will probably get sadder :(

I can try that, but I will probably get sadder :(
Crying and sadness is a completely a-ok coping mechanism. My complete condolences, dude.

Like, don't try to make it a conversation. Kinda like, do it how one would pray to God.

BUT, you don't know he isn't going to make it. I know it sucks to think about the possibility, but look to the bright side of things. He will and would like that of you, be optimistic but don't be naive. That's important.

Crying and sadness is a completely a-ok coping mechanism. My complete condolences, dude.

Like, don't try to make it a conversation. Kinda like, do it how one would pray to God.

BUT, you don't know he isn't going to make it. I know it sucks to think about the possibility, but look to the bright side of things. He will and would like that of you, be optimistic but don't be naive. That's important.
Yea, he wont be suffering anymore and he will be in a better place

just think of all the good memories you had with him and all the awesome stuff the two of you did

plenty of condolences for you man

My condolences. My grandmother recently passed away from cancer, so I know how you feel. Really sorry for you, OP :(