Author Topic: got in trouble for BS reason  (Read 2848 times)

and it was because you didn't care.
why should he care of where she's from
it was just a small guess he made based off of the high possibility of her being mexican, she should realize that and not be offended

you clearly caused hurt
and it was because you didn't care. I'm not sure what the separation is that you think you're seeing

I guess, if you were specifically trying to hurt her feelings, then it wasn't really being inconsiderate
She was overreacting, are you handicapped?

She was overreacting, are you handicapped?
I get that you think that, but the thing is, the specific reaction she had doesn't change whether or not it's inconsiderate

I get that you think that, but the thing is, the specific reaction she had doesn't change whether or not it's inconsiderate
so its inconsiderate to not know where people are from so that you dont get it wrong?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 06:56:45 PM by Lego lad »

ladies and gentlemen
the true tribal stereotyping meme man
How is that a meme wtf? All I said is Mexicans like beans, panchos and maracas
Like yeah obviously it's tribal that's the point but memes??
Are beaners a meme now?

It's like if you had a noticeable Irish accent and I asked if you were from Wales.
That would just be a case of being ignorant, as was Freek.
And yeah, it's normal to be upset or even offended by others ignorance.

I'm white, of a christian background, and I speak fluent English. I wouldn't want to be called American because of that.

And furthermore, in regards to your example, accents are at least a better means of judging someones nationality.
Irish doesn't sound like Welsh.
But both countries speak English. Freek didn't say "oh, she speaks Spanish with a mexican accent".

so its inconsiderate to not know where people are from so that you dont get it wrong?
It's not inconsiderate to not know. It's not even inconsiderate to ask.
It's inconsiderate to presume to know someones nationality and then comment on it when you do not know.

the best kind of meme
A WHITE MEME
Manchild meme.

And furthermore, in regards to your example, accents are at least a better means of judging someones nationality.
Irish doesn't sound like Welsh.
But both countries speak English. Freek didn't say "oh, she speaks Spanish with a mexican accent".
but another reason he thought she was mexican was based on the fact that a lot of kids at his school are apparently, so to me that sounds like a pretty normal/non offensive guess, and
she should realize that and not be offended

but another reason he thought she was mexican was based on the fact that a lot of kids at his school are apparently, so to me that sounds like a pretty normal/non offensive guess, and
this
30% of my school are mexicans and 45% of the town that my school is in is mexican