Author Topic: Keep on freezing  (Read 617 times)

Every time I host a server, Blockland keeps on saying "Not responding"
(this happens when someone joins and stuff)

Console.log would be nice

here

It's normal for freezeups like this to happen when starting a server. How long did you wait for the freezing to clear up? Normally you need to wait between 15 seconds to about 2 minutes. It could just be that you're too impatient.

What I am noticing though is that crappy Pentium processor. Isn't that like craptop school computer specs? The 4 GBs of RAM your computer's limited to is quite bad as well... You might want to consider getting a more updated/new computer, because the specs you're running on were only good in like 2009. I'm not saying that your computer's specs are the problem though, just that i'm observing those specs are quite old.

However, I am noticing you have multiple redundant gamemode addons enabled.
You probably shouldn't be using ZAPT and Rotondo's Zombie Mod at the same time, as I can see that causing some conflictions, and they are totally different mods, both in functionality, gameplay and style. You should probably just pick one.
There's no reason to be using SpaceGuy's old Team Deathmatch mod with Gamemode_Slayer either. I'd recommend disabling Gamemode_TeamDeathmatch entirely and just sticking with Slayer.
The most shady thing of all though is the System_StaticMaps mod you have enabled. That was one of the last items in your console to be doing things before the log ends, and it may have been responsible for the freezeups in some way.

What I am noticing though is that crappy Pentium processor. Isn't that like craptop school computer specs? The 4 GBs of RAM your computer's limited to is quite bad as well... You might want to consider getting a more updated/new computer, because the specs you're running on were only good in like 2009. I'm not saying that your computer's specs are the problem though, just that i'm observing those specs are quite old.
FYI, Blockland 'detects' every processor as Pentium III.

OP did post his specs at some point; he does have a pentium

OP did post his specs at some point; he does have a pentium
New generation Pentiums are fine though. I built a computer with one a few years ago and it performs better than the consumer-grade laptop I bought slightly more recently.

detects my pentium as a pentium now and detected my amd as amd before

Does it really? Mine says

Processor Init:
   Intel Core, ~4.00 Ghz
     (timed at roughly 3.98 Ghz)
   FPU detected
   MMX detected
   SSE detected

However it doesn't detect the OS at all: