Author Topic: Stop light going through blocks  (Read 567 times)

In my house on my server I have a basement with no windows, also I have rooms with no windows upstairs, but light from outside till lights it up. any way to make an addon to stop light going through the bricks?

Shaders. When its dark I tested it and the players light goes through the brick a lot less then with it off.
Can't have shaders? bad luck man

Shaders. When its dark I tested it and the players light goes through the brick a lot less then with it off.
Can't have shaders? bad luck man
This is not true. It just looks 'less' because you may not be accounting for the thickness of the brick counting as distance.

Not possible but I wonder if it where possible in Torque 3D, since its  a newer engine.

It happens less with shaders on.

Not possible but I wonder if it where possible in Torque 3D, since its  a newer engine.
It's possible on any engine, it just has to be coded. In fact, it's probably entirely possible for one of us to write a shader file for it.

The problem is that you have 50k on an average build, going up even over 300k for large builds. That's a lot of objects. Multiply them by 8, all visible, with your current settings. This is very, very generous because you'd probably have to do more than just render 8 shadow maps.