3 (3.9%)
Centrist
9 (11.7%)
Absolutism
0 (0%)
Anarchism
9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Conservative or liberal?  (Read 2502 times)

Since the majority of blocklanders live in america, we can just assume that the terminology is american.
The majority are US, but the minority of non-US is still large enough to make it worth clarifying. There are a lot of Aussies, Brits and Canadians, as well as various other Europeans and a spattering of South Americans. And every country has different terminology and benchmarks.

It gets extra confusing when many countries have political parties literally called "conservatives", and even their general views/policies don't entirely reflect the same-named political ideologies we're talking about.

im a caucasian
God I missed you bro don't get banned again lmao

European liberal or American libertarian

The term "conservative" completely depends on its nation's home culture, but they're generally more theocratic. It depends on which set of morals they're trying to "conserve"

Far right economics.
Social issues are a bit more blurred, because my personal views are strongly conservative, but I don't consider it right to impose them on anyone else through the political process even though I believe them to be right.  Even if I were of a mind to participate in the political process, regarding social issues, my conscience would condemn me for voting against my beliefs, and it would condemn me for imposing them on others by my vote.

-snip-
People stand by conservative values because they feel like they work, if perhaps imperfectly.  Changing society isn't always progress, it can just as easily be detriment.  Conservatives see what people stand to lose by change, progressives see what they stand to gain.

regarding economics i like to think that i'm more right leaning because i'm all for the free market and that crap
for social issues i'm liberal as forget

left leaning centrist