Author Topic: yo is there any laptop processors that i can use with my current laptop?  (Read 666 times)

"theres no point damp its to much work for a old laptop" - I honestly don't care if the price is forgeted up i want to use this old hunk of junk laptop

I have a AMD Athlon II processor. I'll post my full specs soon but im on mobile rn

probably is but installing it would be a loving pain in the ass

it's probably some bastardized laptop version of one of the AMx(+) sockets so probably not
and you would have to learn to solder as well maybe

I didn't even know there were "laptop processors"
it's not like you gotta make them a lot smaller

I didn't even know there were "laptop processors"
it's not like you gotta make them a lot smaller
i'd imagine they have to be constructed differently for cooling purposes.

i'd imagine they have to be constructed differently for cooling purposes.
that and much lower power consumption

My old xps had a desktop like pin system for cpus. I could pull the whole board out within seconds of opening the back. Best entry laptop i ever owned.

Unless it's some weird ass laptop, you can't change the CPU. There's a reason why you never hear about people changing laptop CPUs.
(Unless you own multi thousand dollar equipment to do the de-soldering and re-soldering)

theyre usually integrated in the main board itself
But if it does happen to have a socket just google the cpu name and you can find the socket name

Unless it's some weird ass laptop, you can't change the CPU. There's a reason why you never hear about people changing laptop CPUs.
(Unless you own multi thousand dollar equipment to do the de-soldering and re-soldering)
zsno we're all Louis Rossman, if you don't have a complex machine to unsolder and resoldering them wouldn't be hard at all /s