Author Topic: First PC build suggestions?  (Read 1015 times)

So I Just finished buying the parts for my pc, and will assemble them saturday when they arrive, However I was wondering if I should be woried about CPU and GPU heat, and if so how should I check the temps? how long should I leave it running before I stop checking? And finally what should the temp be for both the CPU and GPU?

I already have a Windows 8 key, and im going to buy a windows 10 key next week when I get paid

My Specs:
CPU:Intel i5-6500 3.2ghz
GPU:GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Motherboard:MSI B150
Ram:8gb Kingston HyperX Fury
Storage: Seagate 1tb HDD, Samsung 500gb SSD=1.5TB
PSU:EVGA SuperNOVA NEX

how much did you spend?

solid budget build. you'll be golden.

as long as you have a good fan for your cpu and front and back fans you should be good, heat normally isnt a worry but if you want to check your fans and temps id use Speedfan. Also, temps should stick around 60c or 40c playing games and about 20c when doing anything not really demanding.

Good specs, you could've cut out on the ssd to like a Kingston / seagate 240gb and use a non op PSU to beef your gpu a bit but otherwise, really good

I'd only worry about temperatures if your CPU/GPU starts to thermal throttle (decrease performance due to large amount of heat), which may be about something like 70-80C.

how much did you spend?
I belive it was about $600, although I had the hdd and sdd already laying around my bed room

Ryzen is coming out in a week and a day

800TB of ram

hey you need a lot of it to play minecraft at at most 4fps