Poll

Who do you stand with?

Israel
31 (70.5%)
Palestine
13 (29.5%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: Israel or Palestine?  (Read 1894 times)

Lean Israel for most issues. Palestine on the matter of settlement expansion needing to stop. Actually no because Palestinian leadership has refused any propositions for statehood and thus the land is still technically under the Israeli sovereignty.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 08:47:53 PM by SWAT One »

these israel/palestine issues are so complicated my university's political science department has a third year course completely dedicated towards it

Kronos Trigger agrees with palestine.

I mean technically the palestinians were there first

actually the jews were there first before the diaspora

I don't think most supporters of Palestine in the United States are particularly fans of Hamas. It's more of a sympathy to the fact that the people who lived in the region basically lost all of their land and sovereignty, and continue to lose it through illegal settlement expansion. Part of this is due to the British Mandate and Israeli settlements, and part of it is due to the fact that all of Israel's neighbors tried to kill them in the Six-Day War and failed miserably. But essentially none of that was up to the Palestinians.

The conflict is complicated because both parties are at massive fault. On the negative side, Israel is guilty of human rights violations, and their settlements are illegal breaches of state sovereignty. Palestine is governed by a literal terrorist organization that puts bombing Israelis at a higher priority than caring for the people in the Gaza Strip. On the positive, Israel is a massive boon to scientific innovation and an economic powerhouse. Likewise, the land originally belonged to the Palestinians (or at least the Ottomans of which Palestinians were a part of).

tl;dr, the conflict is complicated. flatly supporting either side is the wrong choice

I mean technically the palestinians were there first

we wuz moses n sheit

terrorism is bad and stealing land is bad

what the FGUCK is going on with this loving title

AND THIS

am i going loving insane