Author Topic: Map: Planets  (Read 1787 times)

Could someone port the map Planets from V8? I love that map.

i thought it was failed

It was still rocked though

Map is currently broken. Don't download.

How is it? I tried it today and it worked.

Only thing joining players need to do is turn on download textures.

tyvm man i love this mapoff topic : YAY I GOT ACCOUNT :iceCream: :iceCream: :iceCream: :panda: :cookieMonster: :cookieMonster: :cookie: :cookie: :nes:

Badspot

• Administrator
Last time I checked, the port of this map was done by some handicap who forgot to include half the textures.

Last time I checked, the port of this map was done by some handicap who forgot to include half the textures.
lolz

i missed The planets, was the greatest map back then, except there were problems with it

For instance, the Earth's sky. :P

What other textures are missing? The reason I ask is because you can always replace the textures. You'd just need to know the name of what's missing and what it's for.

Example: The atmosphere of Earth was blue.jpg. Just make a light blue or something jpeg picture file and name it blue, then put it in Map_Planets.zip.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 08:21:51 PM by --LegoPepper-- »

I can confirm the missing texture issue. I joined one of the servers hosting this and many of the textures had been substituted with the default Blockland map textures (such as the sky-sphere being beige).

The original concept of the map is alright, but it isn't a great fit for the TGE.

One of the main challenges was making it playable on a range of computers; low resolution textures on the large planet 'spheres' looked awful, but decreased load times and used up less memory. Using interiors for the surface of each planet was also a major compromise; on the one hand they could be positioned at any height and distance away from the origin without a problem, but on the other hand they are incredibly glitchy, susceptible to lighting anomalies, and can have awful vehicle collisions.

There were some unique features to the original release such as a deadly sun and zero-gravity but they didn't really redeem the shortcomings of what turned out to be an ill constructed map. It could be remade on a less ambitious scale, but I don't approve of the current port.

I can confirm the missing texture issue. I joined one of the servers hosting this and many of the textures had been substituted with the default Blockland map textures (such as the sky-sphere being beige).

The original concept of the map is alright, but it isn't a great fit for the TGE.

One of the main challenges was making it playable on a range of computers; low resolution textures on the large planet 'spheres' looked awful, but decreased load times and used up less memory. Using interiors for the surface of each planet was also a major compromise; on the one hand they could be positioned at any height and distance away from the origin without a problem, but on the other hand they are incredibly glitchy, susceptible to lighting anomalies, and can have awful vehicle collisions.

There were some unique features to the original release such as a deadly sun and zero-gravity but they didn't really redeem the shortcomings of what turned out to be an ill constructed map. It could be remade on a less ambitious scale, but I don't approve of the current port.

Yeah. People complain about the textures a lot, but that's when they don't have download textures on. :/