Author Topic: Fence/Mesh emitters  (Read 641 times)

I've found that brick fences or fences made up of fence bricks can be time consuming and sometimes spammy if not done right. Emitters could be used instead. The emitters would appear to be mesh, barbed wire, or chain links. These could be used for fences, cover, hazards, etc.

A problem could arise form emitters turning to face the player.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 03:09:53 PM by Pliny »

A problem could arise form emitters turning to face the player.
Sprites. You could use emitters for the fence chains :P Example:

I was thinking about this some time ago. It would be better than making a fence out of bricks, especially seeing as you can get emmitters to be thinner than the bricks themselves.

I can't remember who made it, but someone made a "Fan" emmitter. It just appeared out of the brick, and spun. Looked like a proper ceiling Fan. This would work the same, and just as well.

yer this would be good cuz it takes 4 ever to build it

I was thinking about this some time ago. It would be better than making a fence out of bricks, especially seeing as you can get emmitters to be thinner than the bricks themselves.

I can't remember who made it, but someone made a "Fan" emmitter. It just appeared out of the brick, and spun. Looked like a proper ceiling Fan. This would work the same, and just as well.

That was Bushido's "Fan" prop. It's still available on RTB2, and I still have a copy.

that's an item btw, not an emitter
That was Bushido's "Fan" prop. It's still available on RTB2, and I still have a copy.
i just got it again recently :D

A fence item appearing as the fence mesh could also work, but could be laggy and would be useless if picked up, meaning they'd have to be encased by bricks. However, this could be bypassed by simple models.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 03:51:19 PM by Pliny »