Author Topic: MD5 and Array  (Read 4294 times)

(Moved from General Discussion)

I have two suggestions as the topic can tell, which I doubt will be added, but I'll give it a try.

First off, it would be good to have MD5 encryption included in the game, due it would be more secure to first encrypt the text, and then send it over to the server. Of course this would be best with for passwords.
http://www.torquepowered.com/community/blogs/view/4392

Secondly, I think that some people miss how easy an array should be, so I found this Array object that could be really useful, not just for storing data, but also managing everything better rather than store it in simple arrays or strings.
http://www.torquepowered.com/community/resources/view/4711

If at least one of these could be added, I (and probably others) would be grateful.

1) use getStringCRC() - it's not the same but you're not exactly dealing with important data here.

2) People have managed so far without arrays. This isn't going to get added.

Isn't you dealing with important data when it comes to passwords for RTB Connect?

RTB Connect doesn't require a password when logging in from ingame.

You rely too much of that people wont hack your system.

Lol. Just because you don't need a password doesn't mean there isn't security. When has RTB ever had an issue with security?

When Kalphiter stole over 5000 ID's from the database.

I am quite certain Kalphiter did not go into the RTB database and pull out 5000 ids. Maybe he used the publicly available ID List?

Having a discussion with you usually feels like I'm educating a young child.

Oh my god I have hacked the Blockland database!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 02:06:32 PM by Ephialtes »

If I am not informed correctly, doesn't mean that I'm dumb.

Also, I thought he did that when the ID list was private and he put it into his list. This was also a reason of why you banned him from RTB.

Also, I thought he did that when the ID list was private and he put it into his list.

That's still not hacking. The ID list was still publicly available through the server information feature.

What will you do if it pops up random people that steals others identity through a script outside of RTB and Blockland?

If you really need md5, you can just use a local / external PHP page.
Here's the code I used in my MSN client:

Code: [Select]
function md5(%string,%callback)
{
%obj = new HTTPObject(MD5Digest)
{
callback = %callback;
};

%obj.get("192.168.1.222:80","/md5.php?string=" @ %string);
%obj.timeout = %obj.schedule(1000,delete);
}

function MD5Digest::onLine(%this,%md5)
{
eval(%this.callback);

cancel(%this.timeout);
%this.schedule(0,delete);
}

<?php
echo(
md5($_GET["string"]) . "\r\n");
?>

And an example of usage:

case "USR":
if(%id == 2)
{
%str = getWords(%args,2);
%pass = $MSN::Pass;

md5(%str @ %pass,%this @ ".sendLine(\"USR\",\"" @ %this.encode @ " S \" @ %md5;");
}
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 02:41:24 PM by Truce »

Yes, but that's too slow, and I rather not use my server if more than me are going to use it.

Damn. When i saw the topic title, i thought you meant the .md5 model files that Quake 4/doom3 + uses. xD