Poll

What's your favorite part of Myst? (For any reason. Atmosphere, gameplay, etc.)

Library / Tower
21 (5.5%)
Cogs / Clock tower
18 (4.7%)
Spaceship / Generator
24 (6.3%)
Giant tree / Furnace
13 (3.4%)
Sunken ship / Planetarium / Courtyard
26 (6.8%)
Mechanical age
12 (3.1%)
Selenitic age
8 (2.1%)
Channelwood age
9 (2.3%)
Stoneship age
5 (1.3%)
The remains of D'ni
8 (2.1%)
None of the above (Specify)
2 (0.5%)
I don't have a particular favorite.
16 (4.2%)
I have not played or seen Myst
133 (34.6%)
The red book
5 (1.3%)
The blue book
9 (2.3%)
The fireplace
8 (2.1%)
The "starry expanse"
18 (4.7%)
The credit screen (jerk...)
49 (12.8%)

Total Members Voted: 383

Author Topic: BlockoMYST: October 14 [VIDEO] - Interaction Part 1: Clueless exploration  (Read 95772 times)

I know how to event the Mechanical age

don't move the building just the bridge and door and make the other be invisible

I know how to event the Mechanical age

don't move the building just the bridge and door and make the other be invisible
You won't get credit for stating the obvious solution I already thought of immediately.

I began adding sounds out of RealMYST. I also managed to build a map of the interior of the fortress, so once we get DIAGONAL BRICKS (TOPHIUSSS D:) we can start on that. I also decided to make the tower rotation map work as it did in-game. It was the most painful process I've ever voluntarily put myself through, but we now have a fully-functional rotation map. YEEEEAAAAAHHH

You won't get credit for stating the obvious solution I already thought of immediately.

I don't want any in the first place, I was just trying to think of ways to make it look realistic but still possible

@Eksi: There are already diagonal bricks in the form of triangle, "corner" bricks. They were bargain-binned on RTB because the top and bottom textures were stretched oddly. I will post the version I have, as for some reason mine don't have the stretching problem.

NOTE: THESE ARE NOT MINE, they are Redliub's and Killer_Whale's. I did modify the script to make the mod work better though, because it was a bit poorly-written and had some mistakes.

Brick_corners.zip
(Let me know if you want this uploaded somewhere other than mediafire.)

WHOA One of the best builds that I have ever seen! 100/10

Very nice. I wish i had the patience and skill it takes to build big projects like these.

brings back so many memories. Great Job!

I absolutely love how over 38% of votes are for the "I have not played/seen MYST" option.

So what's next guise

I absolutely love how over 38% of votes are for the "I have not played/seen MYST" option.

So what's next guise
Well, since the game Myst itself is older than the majority of the community, I expected that :P

We've got the middle/back areas of the fortress to build, I have to event the elevator and fortress rotation, then the exterior and the small eastern island. Then, we'll move on to the Selenitic age (I think)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 05:13:51 PM by Eksi »

I made a new CD cover style logo, for the first page. Turned out fairly well.. :o

I made a new CD cover style logo, for the first page. Turned out fairly well.. :o
Tip: ImageShack is unreliable

Tip: ImageShack is unreliable
Never once have I had a problem with ImageShack

I think you should invest in making a gui so that you can actually read the books like in the real game.