Poll

What's your favorite part of Myst? (For any reason. Atmosphere, gameplay, etc.)

Library / Tower
21 (5.5%)
Cogs / Clock tower
18 (4.7%)
Spaceship / Generator
24 (6.3%)
Giant tree / Furnace
13 (3.4%)
Sunken ship / Planetarium / Courtyard
26 (6.8%)
Mechanical age
12 (3.1%)
Selenitic age
8 (2.1%)
Channelwood age
9 (2.3%)
Stoneship age
5 (1.3%)
The remains of D'ni
8 (2.1%)
None of the above (Specify)
2 (0.5%)
I don't have a particular favorite.
16 (4.2%)
I have not played or seen Myst
133 (34.6%)
The red book
5 (1.3%)
The blue book
9 (2.3%)
The fireplace
8 (2.1%)
The "starry expanse"
18 (4.7%)
The credit screen (jerk...)
49 (12.8%)

Total Members Voted: 383

Author Topic: BlockoMYST: October 14 [VIDEO] - Interaction Part 1: Clueless exploration  (Read 95790 times)

Im having a hard time visualizing where these puzzles fit in the building, or does the player teleport to a different spot to solve the puzzle/contraption?

Im having a hard time visualizing where these puzzles fit in the building, or does the player teleport to a different spot to solve the puzzle/contraption?
You're correct. Many of the puzzles use "interfaces".
Here's an example, and a preview of the Selenitic gate.

The Selenitic gate (rocket ship) exterior is too small to actually fit the room that it contains.
So, the player is sent to a better-scaled interior room in another area of the map.

Obviously these puzzles are a little too small to have the detail required even for a scaled-down puzzle, so when you click on the flashing areas, you are sent to an interface.

(The above is not the solution)

There will be many of these in the game. A few others include the panel in the planetarium, the tower rotation map, and the safe in the cabin. Some of the other interiors which you are teleported to, as they cannot be built correctly on the island, are the fore-chamber, tower, and generator.

Also, yes, you'll only have to deal with a single octave in this version.

Damn, this looks great.

Man you're doing some awesome work on this. So are you going to release the first age after you improve it?

Man you're doing some awesome work on this. So are you going to release the first age after you improve it?
Well, Squid's on a hiatus for now and I need a new computer, so it might be a while before we can finish anything else. By release, do you mean give out a save? Probably not. We're planning to eventually create all four ages (possibly including Rime), and host it like the full awesome thing. They will all be on different maps, not just for the different atmospheres, but the brick count would probably reach the limit if we tried to have them all up at the same time.

Didn't you just get a new laptop like.. a month ago?

Didn't you just get a new laptop like.. a month ago?
Ah yes
And the thing ran slower than this old one.

Luckily I was able to return it and get a 100% refund.

Well, Squid's on a hiatus for now
Why's he on hiatus. Also, you didn't say if you're releasing them for public use 8D

If you do Riven that would be monumental.

Why's he on hiatus. Also, you didn't say if you're releasing them for public use 8D
He's not.
Quote from: Squideey
forget hiatuses
He now comes and goes depending on if he feels like it, without "announcing" it. Good idea

I released some of the sounds/music and the map.

If you do Riven that would be monumental an indication that you two have both gone batstuff insane.
mmmm probably not. That would be epic though. But.. no. ._.

it looks crap ive seen better

Amazing just like the real thing :D

I always thought the observatory was a dentist XD

it looks crap ive seen better

You sir need to get out or shut up

I always thought the observatory was a dentist XD

I know right :D