Poll

Do you think Marijuana should be legalized for purchase and usage above the age of 21?

Yes
51 (53.1%)
No
45 (46.9%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Author Topic: Weed superpoll/Discussion thread 2: Do you think Marijuana should be legalized?  (Read 7295 times)

Legalize it. It's not as harmful as people think, and by regulating it you can get rid of weed dealers as well as people who put other actually harmful drugs in the weed they sell.
QFT. It's actually less harmful than Alcohol and Tobacco.

I don't really care, I mean if you want to ruin your mind by smoking it thats fine by me so long as you know what your smokin'
Well if they lower the THC or whatever in it then it would be safer to have.
You don't know what you're talking about.

Yes. It would create an entire market, and I don't see any reason it shouldn't be. If cigarettes, a legalized form of mass-poisoning and evidence of huge companies chemically addicting their consumers is legal, then Marijuana, something that does significantly less damage to the user should be legalized. I mean, cigarettes emit cyanide and strychnine. What the forget, USA? THC, a light psychoactive is going to destroy us all! Tetrahydrocannabinol isn't even an addictive substance. Cyanide was used in the Tylenol Terrorist attacks and is used in Self Deletes, in pill form (including Riddler), and Strychnine is a pest control poison. Nicotine is used as a chemical addictive to keep consumers buying, YET CIGARETTES ARE STILL LEGAL.
Well if they lower the THC or whatever in it then it would be safer to have.
You don't know what you're talking about.
Exactly. THC is natural in the plant, you can't just "lower" it, and even then, what the hell?
Protip: There is no actual evidence that supports the "marijuana melts your brain man" theory, and most studies suggest it isn't harmful at all (or even beneficial), because it coats the receptors in your brain and dissipates. It's less harmful than both tobacco and alcohol, and even most common over-the-counter medicines.
It'll corrupt the society just like Wow corrupts children.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibition
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 07:51:51 PM by yuki »

Yes. It would create an entire market, and I don't see any reason it shouldn't be. If cigarettes, a legalized form of mass-poisoning and evidence of huge companies chemically addicting their consumers is legal, then Marijuana, something that does significantly less damage to the user should be legalized. I mean, cigarettes emit cyanide and strychnine. What the forget, USA? THC, a light psychoactive is going to destroy us all! Tetrahydrocannabinol isn't even an addictive substance. Cyanide was used in the Tylenol Terrorist attacks and is used in Self Deletes, in pill form (including Riddler), and Strychnine is a pest control poison. Nicotine is used as a chemical addictive to keep consumers buying, YET CIGARETTES ARE STILL LEGAL.
This. As long as the weed doesn't make you too high, and there are public smoking restrictions, I'm ok with it. Also, cigarette users are usually more bitter than marijunana users.

This. As long as the weed doesn't make you too high, and there are public smoking restrictions, I'm ok with it. Also, cigarette users are usually more bitter than marijunana users.
"Too high" is harmless. Because of the calming, relaxing effect THC has, marijuana users are inherently more docile than a smoker, who gets a buzz from the nicotine (and suffers withdrawls if they don't).
I agree with the "restrictions" thing though. While I support legalization, I still do not want to smoke it. I'm happy they're FINALLY banning cigarettes in public places. If you go and get high at your home, then cool. If it's out of my face, it's all good.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 12:08:10 AM by Krystal »

I don't think that it should be illegal due to chemical reasons. Personally I would just be annoyed by everyone walking around stoned out of their minds.
That's why public intoxication is illegal, that would apply to THC automatically.

I mean, everyone would be sitting around laughing and smiling, relaxed, everyone loving each other...
Wait, why would that be a bad thing...?

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 12:07:41 AM by Krystal »

Not like that. I know a couple stoners, and the never-knowing-what's-going-on mentality gets kinda irritating after a while.
I see your point, and agreed.

Yeah, so does having friends who's breath and clothes reek of cigarette smoke.

The only reason we think of weed so negatively is that it's illegal and constantly associated with the dregs of society. If alcohol and tobacco were illegal, they would carry the exact same negative connotation.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9077214414651731007&ei=PWGYS_2eCpGEqQOr4KiWAg&q=the+union#

Very informative documentary^. The only thing I'd hate would be that there would be even more friend teenagers talking about how cool they are. Otherwise the pros of legalizing cannabis overcome the cons.

Also, marijuana smells wonderful. Plus it's not like you have to smoke it either. So theirs no reason to cry about that. It doesn't kill brain cells, just watch the video.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 09:19:20 PM by zeros_bro »

I voted no.

Though I wouldn't necessarily mind if pot was legalized, I still find it stupid. Almost everybody I know that smokes marijuana either has an annoying voice, they're extremely slow, or both. People at my school tend to take pleasure in spreading the news that they smoke. Almost like being a "stoner" is an amazing feature that nobody else will ever be.

Even though my reasons for disliking marijuana are stupid, I still do. And even though I dislike marijuana, I don't care if marijuana is legalized. As long as the typical stoner stops dressing like a lumberjack and having a lethargic tone in their voice, it's all good.

I voted no.

Though I wouldn't necessarily mind if pot was legalized, I still find it stupid. Almost everybody I know that smokes marijuana either has an annoying voice, they're extremely slow, or both. People at my school tend to take pleasure in spreading the news that they smoke. Almost like being a "stoner" is an amazing feature that nobody else will ever be.

Even though my reasons for disliking marijuana are stupid, I still do. And even though I dislike marijuana, I don't care if marijuana is legalized. As long as the typical stoner stops dressing like a lumberjack and having a lethargic tone in their voice, it's all good.
Legalizing it would remove the taboo for the most part. I mean, you still get those dipstuffs that talk about getting drunk all the time, why not ban alcohol for the same reasoning?

Like we need more stupid people roaming the streets.

I think so... Some studies show it's just as bad as tobacco.

I think we should legalize and tax, gov't could make a stuffload off it.