Poll

Do you think Marijuana should be legalized for purchase and usage above the age of 21?

Yes
51 (53.1%)
No
45 (46.9%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Author Topic: Weed superpoll/Discussion thread 2: Do you think Marijuana should be legalized?  (Read 7293 times)

Why in God's name shouldn't it be legalized? It's not as bad as alcohol, and since when should the government decide what people put in their bodies?

Why in God's name shouldn't it be legalized? It's not as bad as alcohol, and since when should the government decide what people put in their bodies?
Because it affects your ability to interact with other people. If the government cared what we put in our bodies, then high fructose corn syrup would be illegal.

Because it affects your ability to interact with other people. If the government cared what we put in our bodies, then high fructose corn syrup would be illegal.

No, but...

Meth
Opium
Heroin
Trans fats (in some parts of the country)
Cocaine

And a lot of other things are. And alcohol affects your ability to interact with others, so do most anti depressants, stimulants and anti psychotics, are those illegal? No.

Legalizing it would remove the taboo for the most part. I mean, you still get those dipstuffs that talk about getting drunk all the time, why not ban alcohol for the same reasoning?
For the most part, there aren't as many people here talking about drinking as there are people who brag constantly about smoking pot.

I'm pretty ignorant to the whole economic side of legalizing pot, but the way I've seen people treat it is one of the most annoying things I've ever seen. I can't stand to listen to a stoner talk for more than a minute.

Personally, I think all depressants should be illegal, as well.

Legalize it. It's not as harmful as people think, and by regulating it you can get rid of weed dealers as well as people who put other actually harmful drugs in the weed they sell.

For once I have to agree with Inv3rted.

And think about the good effect it would have on the economy. And if we start exporting it we might get completely out of this recession.

Look at it like this. Once private companies start selling legal goods that were once illegal, the illegal products for the most part are no longer sold by the illegal dealers. We don't have speakeasies any more because prohibition is no longer a thing. If the government taxed marijuana and made it as available as cigarettes, we wouldn't have near as high an issue with illegal dealers.

In fact, there are 700,000 indictments on Marijuana every year in the U.S. We can take all the money that we save not sending cops after users of a relatively safe recreation drug and combine that with money obtained from the weed tax and reinvest that in our terrible economy. It's a win win win situation.

but it still smells like a skunks butt

No, but...

Meth
Opium
Heroin
Trans fats (in some parts of the country)
Cocaine

And a lot of other things are. And alcohol affects your ability to interact with others, so do most anti depressants, stimulants and anti psychotics, are those illegal? No.
Because it's totally impossible to get things illegally.

Because it's totally impossible to get things illegally.

I'm just saying, if these items were legal, it would be better.

No, people would be come incredibly addicted and do it daily as a hobby. No one wants pothead parents or brothers or neighbors and stuff.

I would say yes. Mainly because of the violence that goes on around the dealings. If you legalize it, there would not be nearly  as much violence. I recently saw an ad for NY, they have a legal safe Heroin joint for drug people. It's so you don't go get it in a dark alley where people have guns, and AIDS on their needles.

I like how it smells...  :panda:

But I vote Yes even though I accidentally clicked No :c

I'm just saying, if these items were legal, it would be better.
Yes, cause totally hyped up/drowsey drivers/people are totally safe.

forget no, I loving hate this stuff, you can never make stoners do stuff. If they smoke it and drive they'll be too out of it to stop when told to.
"Hey man, your hair is on fire"
"That's so cool"
I don't want that stuff in public.