Author Topic: Legalizing Marijuana, how and why.  (Read 2645 times)

We all know what the plant is, and we all have our opinions on it.

Personally, I don't think Marijuana is a drug. It's a plant; drugs are chemically engineered in labs. Overall, the US Government spends about $14b a year on enforcing laws against Marijuana usage. There are talks that the Obama Administration will legalize Marijuana as part of their health care overhaul.

I would not approve of the government legalizing the plant. Dealers make a profit off of what they sell; pot. If the government where to legalize the plant, we would not make a profit. If the government where to legalize the plant, they would regulate it and make it an industry. If you where caught with weed, and it had added chemicals or did not meet government regulations, you could still be fined and jailed for having it.

We'd be better off with it outlawed. Its better than being taxed and regulated.

If they do end up legalizing the plant, its so they can get their hands in it and make a profit. Its nothing good. The government should just cancel all funding to combat Marijuana dealers.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 06:36:38 PM by Yummerz »

You're an idiot.

First, there are already very recent threads about this subject. Second, your reasons are absolutely awful. Criminals are funded by the sale of illegal marijuana. For some reason you want dangerous drug cartels to have power and the government to waste billions of dollars combating them, just so you can still be a badass and sell pot to your teenage buddies illegally.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 06:33:49 PM by Otis Da HousKat »

I approve of marijuana if you can legally have it.

I approve of marijuana if you can legally have it.

Dealers put chemicals to make the substance stronger. The thing is the government will still put twists in so you can't legally deal Marijuana.

what the forget.

you start off saying marijuana isn't a drug and how much prohibition fails.. and then go on to say it should stay like it so dealers can continue to make a profit? you're beyond stupid.

if the government legalized it then all the dealers would suffer either being driven out of the industry or resort to having putting other drugs into the plant to make it have other effects. Some large company would arise and be making billions like the tobacco company. Then we have potheads running all over the street and in school. I don't want it legalized but I use the substance on occasion and it's not hard for me to get.

Its like this.

I am a Type-1 diabetic. I spend $800 monthly on testing supplies, insulin, and such. If there ever was to be a cure, I don't think they would ever release it. They're making billions off of the supplies they sell. If they did release the cure, they'd stop making money; thus giving them the reason not to release a cure.

Then we have potheads running all over the street and in school.
"Everyone will be smoking pot in the streets!"

GOD DAMN IT!

Get it through your thick heads people. Legalizing marijuana won't create an epidemic of people roaming the streets stoned out of their mind. The same argument could be made against alcohol in public, and as said before, there are laws against public intoxication.

"But I don't more want people talking about it all the time because it's annoying!"

Dumbass kids already talk about how drunk they're going to get at that party over the weekend. It's the same situation with the same type of people: douchebags. These douchebags are going to do annoying stuff and brag about annoying stuff no matter what.

Responsible people already enjoy alcohol and marijuana without boasting about it constantly to look cool. These same people aren't doing it in public and causing a scene. stuffty people do stuffty things, legalizing marijuana may just give them a different medium to be starfishs with. Just ignore them. The same exact problems occur with alcohol. You don't notice it because alcohol is legal and normalized in our society.

Its like this.

I am a Type-1 diabetic. I spend $800 monthly on testing supplies, insulin, and such. If there ever was to be a cure, I don't think they would ever release it. They're making billions off of the supplies they sell. If they did release the cure, they'd stop making money; thus giving them the reason not to release a cure.
How are weed and diabetes related?

How are weed and diabetes related?

They're not. It was an example of how the government could profit just as the diabetes supplies company profits.

Exactly, they're too completely different situations. Don't try and relate them.

I'm saying this from my point of view as a chain tobacco smoker i get up in the morning and kill 2 smokes before school. You take someone in my position who smokes pot then you have them going to school. Figure that one out.

I'm saying this from my point of view as a chain tobacco smoker i get up in the morning and kill 2 smokes before school. You take someone in my position who smokes pot then you have them going to school. Figure that one out.
I already did and explained it. It's exchanging one annoying habit with another.

Exactly, they're too completely different situations. Don't try and relate them.

Ok, maybe it was a bad example.

My point is that if the government legalizes it, it won't be any better than it is now. The government will regulate it and tax it. The whole thing is better off as it is. There is no good to come out of the government legalizing Marijuana.

There is no good to come out of the government legalizing Marijuana.
Except for the part about diverting the billions wasted enforcing anti-marijuana laws to useful purposes and the additional revenue from taxes on it.