Author Topic: I peed...  (Read 5134 times)

This is the motherloving card I'm getting.

Except not, very few of you have machines that can handle/can afford this card.

Except not, very few of you have machines that can handle/can afford this card.
That card would make my computer explode.


... expensive, hot, uses bunches of power... nah I'll go get me two 5870 instead.
... and then have a better PC than Rex overall.





Do you guys see any problems with these charts?


not really, no.

The GTX 480 is a single GPU card, but it only had 1fps lower average than the HD 5970, which is a dual GPU card on both AVP and Unigine.

Not to mention a higher minimum.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 03:05:10 AM by dkamm65 »

The GTX 480 is a single GPU card, but it only had 1fps lower average than the HD 5970, which is a dual GPU card on both AVP and Unigine.

Not to mention a higher minimum.
it also runs the same temperatures and uses as much power to run as a dual GPU card.
Actually higher temperatures.

it also runs the same temperatures and uses as much power to run as a dual GPU card.
Actually higher temperatures.

Who the forget cares about temperature? It's designed to run at that temperature. And the 480's performance increase over the 5870 is so massive it's not worth it to buy two. One 480 will be cheaper than two and not that much worse.

it also runs the same temperatures and uses as much power to run as a dual GPU card.
Actually higher temperatures.

That's not the point, I'm just talking about performance. One GPU performing as good as two.

If someone is going to use a HD5970 or a GTX 480, I'm sure they're an enthusiast, and not too worried about power usage or temp.

I'm not worried about either, I'm only worried about having to buy a new PSU, since it's only a 750 watt, which should be enough to handle almost any cards in SLi/CrossfireX, except the new Nvidia cards.
also, bottom of this page: http://www.hardware.fr/articles/787-4/dossier-nvidia-geforce-gtx-480-470.html
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 03:17:12 AM by Mr.Patrick »

Two 5870s under load might require more than 750w.

Two 5870s under load might require more than 750w.
well you have a loving 950watt(bit off?) PSU so I know you go waaaay over.
that should be able to take two GTX 480s actually.
(oh and my 750watt PSU is a Corsair +80)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 03:29:06 AM by Mr.Patrick »

The GTX480 takes in like 500w under load, bro.



eyo bro, this is whole systems.