Author Topic: There is no "Best" Operating System!  (Read 6350 times)

I have flash on my mac what the hell is this stuff

lolpaeg5

No humor for you...A.R.C.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 10:37:54 AM by brickybob »

I think bricky has autism

I think bricky has autism
I just made that as fast as I could.
Deleting the pic.
Learn from my parents mistake, use birth control.
Will do!

I have put together a little sheet to show everyone why there is no perfect/best OS.

Windows:
Pros: Professional forget you, you're buying into the whole Mac vs PC advertising bullstuff. Macs are just as "professional" as PCs, it's not Justin Long vs a boring guy in a suit. The architecture firm above my dad's floor uses Macs for everything they do, so one isn't more professional than another, Fast Really depends on the computer. Maccigarettes might say that their stuff is faster but it's also a hell of lot more expensive, so this should say price:performance ratio is high, upgradable, gaming.
Cons: MORE Viruses yeah, but this isn't the OS's fault. Macs get viruses too, or else they wouldn't sell antivirus for the Mac. There are just a lot less because mac has 11% of the market share. Windows has EVERYTHING else., Vista Then loving buy another OS. Microsoft has several OSs available at any time. Buy 7. Or XP. Or Vista.

Mac:
Pros: Photo editing (according to maccigarettes) GIMP. It's free, Video editing Windows Movie Maker is fine for any civilian need to make a movie. Drop pictures or movie clips in, add transitions, put some music on top, add titles at the beginning and end. Done. Any software worth using made for people with needs more than WMM is available on the PC, sleek interface Can't argue with that; Macs are sleek and easy to use. But you have to sacrifice so much to get that ease of use. When I stopped using my iPod Touch (not an iphone, but I got the idea) and started using my Android, it didn't work perfectly 100% of the time, and it wasn't as sleek and clean and polished but holy stuff. It does so much loving more than the iPhone could ever dream of doing software wise.
Cons: Hard to upgrade by hard I'm sure you mean impossible. You can't even take the battery out of an iPhone, so you sure as hell aren't going to be able to upgrade anything on a mac. They come in a plastic and brushed aluminum that you cannot open., gaming nightmare.

Linux:
Pros: Wine (a program to run windows apps) So one of the pros of Linux is that it can be a PC? hmmm, open source, many distros for any need!
Cons: Can have some issues at times, terminal is hard.
I don't have that big an issue with Linux, just your logic. Linux users are like closet gays, they keep to themselves and have their fun without affecting me while I bang hot chicks/use a good OS.

Windows Movie Maker is fine for any civilian need to make a movie. Drop pictures or movie clips in, add transitions, put some music on top, add titles at the beginning and end.
There's a reason those videos suck, because they're made so poorly.
Why did you mention Movie Maker when Sony Vegas is far better.

And I'm assuming that's usable on both.

There's a reason those videos suck, because they're made so poorly.
Why did you mention Movie Maker when Sony Vegas is far better.

And I'm assuming that's usable on both.
Because WMM is free. It suits the needs of people that don't need serious work done, and besides, if you play with a bit you can get decent looking movies.

Here, take this for example. Besides the footage in Garrysmod, I made this movie entirely with WMM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmEw7dCNjDI&feature=fvw

Because WMM is free. It suits the needs of people that don't need serious work done, and besides, if you play with a bit you can get decent looking movies.

Here, take this for example. Besides the footage in Garrysmod, I made this movie entirely with WMM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmEw7dCNjDI&feature=fvw
Oh wow that looks like a good map.
ON topic, It's good because you put effort.
Most kids slap together a frag video and some 50 cent with bad openings.

Linux was partially made for gaming. You can download loads of free games & stuff, legally made for linux only, because they're open source.

You also forgot poor amiga. :c

Oh wow that looks like a good map.
ON topic, It's good because you put effort.
Most kids slap together a frag video and some 50 cent with bad openings.
Offtopic: Here's the V1. It still needs some optimization work which I have oficially labeled the ETA as: Eventually.
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=91948

Ontopic: People can make stuff like you said in iMovie. Or Vegas (which does run on both OSes). If you put effort into any one of those, you can make something good. WMM you can make something OK looking but fairly limited in scope.

Tom

Also Mac is extremely easy to upgrade, plus, you don't get nagged every five minutes about system updates.

And when it comes to hardcore video/photo/ect. editing, you'll probably have your eye on a certain program and just choose whatever computer can run it best.

Also you can run windows on any newer Mac. Without emulation.
Plus theres Wine/Crossover.
Mac with BootCamp:
Pros: Photo editing (according to maccigarettes), Video editing, sleek interface. Professional, Fast, upgradable, gaming.
Cons: Viruses. (of course you can probably fix them from the Mac side.)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 11:38:18 AM by Tom »