Author Topic: My internet is acting odd for some reason  (Read 1610 times)

Most servers that I'm seeing are having wonky latency. Seriously, the latency is changing at rapid speeds. It goes pretty much all the way down to 0 and then goes up to 200 then to around the 150s then to 100s, and then to around the 50s and repeats itself. To put it simple, there seems to be no average of what the latency is at and is just changing superfast. I've done a virus scan just recently and found no issues on my computer.

I'd say it's the fault of either your connection, your router or your modem. Not your computer, unless it's happening to only your computer.

I'd say it's the fault of either your connection, your router or your modem. Not your computer, unless it's happening to only your computer.
Well, I still got another computer to test this issue on, if it still happens there then I think I'll be able to clarify that it's the router.

EDIT: Somehow my bro's computer seems to have fair latency (By fair I mean normal).
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 05:34:41 PM by Kerog »

Well, I still got another computer to test this issue on, if it still happens there then I think I'll be able to clarify that it's the router.

EDIT: Somehow my bro's computer seems to have fair latency (By fair I mean normal).
It could be the connection between your computer and your router or some other program is screwing it up for you.

My suggestion: Cut as many programs running while gaming. DRM requiring games like Steam or EADM games is fine, but quit things like instant messengers, web pages left open, downloading programs etc.

It could be the connection between your computer and your router or some other program is screwing it up for you.

My suggestion: Cut as many programs running while gaming. DRM requiring games like Steam or EADM games is fine, but quit things like instant messengers, web pages left open, downloading programs etc.
I closed my MSN and Skype about 10 minutes later after reading this and it's still acting up.

Bump. Still having the latency issue, and for no reason my internet just went to stuff on me. I was still able to use chat programs however. I think I have some virus :| I did a scan a few hours ago and it said I had nothing wrong with my computer. My parents were having trouble with the internet as well.

Defrag your computer. That helps me sometimes.

The stuff you say to cut is the only stuff I have open when I'm gaming.
Instant Messaging for talking, I'm usually gaming while waiting for someone to post in a topic, or something, and I am constantly downloading things.

The stuff you say to cut is the only stuff I have open when I'm gaming.
Instant Messaging for talking, I'm usually gaming while waiting for someone to post in a topic, or something, and I am constantly downloading things.

You just made me feel a whole lot better about myself.  Thanks.

You just made me feel a whole lot better ab-0Hstuff A ZOMBIE!
edited qoute