Author Topic: What is this computer missing?  (Read 1131 times)

Well, my brother bought a computer I found on craigslist. It was fine, we could run things just fine. Then something went wrong, we had to reinstall XP. Yes, XP. I tried starting up one of my games, when I got an error about Direct3D, I check the DxDiag, guess what; no graphics card... I haven't looked inside yet, but it struck me odd that I could run games before, and now anything that scrolls scrolls very weirdly. The DxDiag is attached.

You forgot to reinstall your Graphics Drivers. Since your Rig doesn't have a graphics card (or one you are obviously not posting since you didn't check it well enough from inside), you may have to download your Motherboard's Chipset and Onboard Video Drivers.

That might be it, I'll try that. Arg. That'll be fun.

you didn't check it well enough from
I haven't looked inside yet
Ahem.

I know, which is why i specifically typed in that way and manner.

I just looked inside, I didn't see anything to tell what manufacturer of the graphics card that is inside is. It's odd, there's two of the plug-ins, don't know what they're called, the blue once for display. Only one of them works though, which is what I'm using.

Which in my case, means you have onboard graphics. If you ever need PC building tips, could've just gone to a good friend who's great at making them. I can build an awesome one with only 500 dollars that is gaming capable and can run all new games flawlessly (My current Rig Upgrade costed only 350 dollars).

On your GPU, there will be a certain serial number type thing. Google all the numbers and see if one leads you to the GPU type.